EPILOGUE

12th December, 2024

"C'mon Blake," Sarah whined, flattening out the black suit I was currently wearing, "You look fantastic. Seriously. You know I only say it when I mean it."

I gave her a pointed look as she folded her arms over her chest, "True."

When we look good we feel great; that's what this suit did for me. It brought out a smile that shone the way it did when I was a little kid. For me, the clothes were about gaining a positive self-image, of learning to love myself.

I mean, even Sarah looked good in her frilly, sage green dress. She gave me a small twirl and a wink before pulling a cream cardigan over her bare shoulders which created the perfect look. She had done her makeup for the first time ever — with mom's help of course — paired with some white heels. They took a quick photo together before running off and down the steps to the kitchen where we were met with mom in her blue, silk top and pants. Her hair was done nicely into a bun, tied with a white ribbon for style.

Mom insisted she get a photo of Sarah and I, pushing us together in front of the dining table and standing back, snapping a few pictures of us both portrait and landscape. The moment was thankfully broken by the sound of a knock on the door. Mom unlocked it and smiled immediately, pulling Liam into a tight hug. Smiling back, Liam put a hand on her head and returned it. "Look at you! You all look so adorable."

"Mom.." Sarah groaned, placing a hand on her head in embarrassment.

I couldn't care less as I immediately ran and jumped into my boyfriend's arms excitedly. Liam tangled his hand in my curls before pulling back to press our lips together. "Who is this cutie I'm looking at right now?"

Feeling heat creep up my neck and into my face, I pushed him away. "Oh shut up, you corny shit."

Noticing mom raising an eyebrow at me, I sighed before muttering a sarcastic; "Sorry, Liam."

He laughed as he ruffled my hair again before walking over to Sarah and pulling her into his embrace. It felt so amazing seeing everyone together looking so amazing.

"So, we ready to head out?" Sarah questioned as she snatched the car keys from mom, "Looks like I'll be driving today!"

I sighed, "God forbid.."

She whacked me, "Apologise!"

"Over my dead body, bitch." Another whack.

"Which will probably be in a few minutes if we let Ms Laurier over here drive us."

"Liam!" She squealed in terror, walking over to whack him as well, "You traitor!"

***

The sand was the most gentle hue of gold, almost earthen and muted, like waves of endless stars. As we settled down into our white chairs, mom and Liam next to me, my eyes moved from sand to stone, from the rock pools to breaking waves. In the gentle winter sunshine, I felt as if I were swimming in the briny aroma, as if the new rays of the day brought a frisson of energy to my fingertips.

It was a day for dreaming, for allowing time to move fast and slow.

The music played softly in the background, the beginning of Lover by Taylor Swift. I watched as my brother stood proudly at the end of the aisle, dressed up the best I had ever seen him. Rosie skipped down the aisle in her flowery, white dress, basket in hand as she threw white petals, Coco, the Cooper's golden retriever, running down with her in a matching white tutu.

A few tears were threatening to spill over as Max watched Stacy walk afterwards, arm looped with her father's as she held on tight with her other hand to a bouquet of white carnations. It was such a magical moment and mom even brought a few tissues out to wipe her eyes and nose. Liam grabbed my hand before leaning over to me, "That will be you next."

I gave him a lopsided grin as I squeezed his hand, returning my gaze towards the couple standing together looking lovingly at each other on the golden sand. There was a white fence shaped into a square which framed them beautifully, covered in an array of white carnations, tulips, and a few pieces of lavender. The music faded quietly, but not completely as the priest started to speak.

It ended too quickly as they said their vows, everyone clapping as they pulled each other in to meet at the middle. This was definitely one of the most wonderful moments of my life as I watched my brother's face fill with complete happiness.

I felt a small cold prick on my nose and realised it was a small snowflake. Looking up, I noticed as the snow began to delicately fall around us, matching with the white on Stacy's gown.

A photographer came out and started snapping pictures of Stacy and Max, who were completely ecstatic, laughing in each other's arms. I smiled and a finger tapped my shoulder. Turning around, I was met face to face with Liam. "Going to congratulate your dear brother?"

"Nah," I laughed, placing my head on Liam's shoulder, "He'll survive. Besides, I congratulated him this morning and I'm sure that I am the last person he wants to see right now."

Just on time, a familiar head surfaced the crowd and joined in with the clapping. It was Harvey. "Make that the second to last."

Liam followed my eyes and instinctively placed a hand on my shoulder, tugging me back into him. "Cupcake, don't even look, it's not worth it. Sooner or later he's going to get kicked out of here by security."

I chuckled into his shirt, before pulling away and sighing. "Love you."

"Love you too."

***

Harvey was kicked out, thank goodness. People started to hug the newlyweds as the wedding ceremony came to a close and I walked up to both and gave them a hug at the same time. "My baby bro is all grown up now!"

I felt a pinch in my stomach and let out a small ow! as Max smirked, linking arms with Stacy as they walked down the aisle together. Liam walked over and stood next to me, hands in his pockets before a flash of something in the sky caught my attention.

Huh?

Something landed in my arms before I knew it and I realised it was the bouquet of white carnations Stacy had been holding. Realisation dawned on me when Stacy and Max gave each other a look and bursted out laughing as I immediately looked over to Liam. I had just caught the bouquet for the bouquet toss.

Hayden gave a whistle before walking up to us both, "Well, you know what that means, Blakey boy. You're next to walk down that aisle."

"Shut up," I pushed his head and he pushed back playfully before pinching my nose and turning away.

Liam pulled me in by the hip and kissed the side of my head and my heart fluttered like it always does.

No matter what, a piece of my heart will always beat for Liam, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Not that I'd want to of course. This man showed me heaven before death.

now it's officially over 🥲

stamax and bliam endgame

i want what they have man this is so unfair someone love me

thank u sm for reading btw <3