FIFTEEN

TRIGGER WARNING: contains physical and verbal bullying

Her eyes widened as she pulled away from me, staring deep into my soul. I didn't like it. "What?"

I tried to look confident and control my breathing. "You heard me."

She wrapped her arms tightly around my body. So tight that I thought I was going to pass out. "I've always wanted a gay brother." She whispered in my ear, keeping her voice down just in case someone else outside could hear which I was grateful for.

I laughed before she suddenly gave me a serious expression. "This doesn't change anything between us, obviously. Was I the first to know?"

I shook my head shyly, she looked a little disappointed but immediately perked up again. "Second?" Once I nodded she immediately fist pumped the air in victory. "Who was the first?"

"Iris."

She looked confused before her eyes lit up in recognition. "Black? Tall? Quiet?" Once I nodded her mouth formed a small 'o' shape.

"Well, if we're getting things off of our chest," She muttered, the tension between us immediately growing. "I think I'm pansexual."

My face lit up in an instant and I hugged her again. We embraced each other for I don't even know how long. I felt relieved that I had actually came out to two people. I had always thought that I would just stay in the closet forever. Pride swelled inside my chest. We pulled away. "Have you told anybody else?"

She shook her head. "No, just you."

I smiled and intertwined our hands again, resting my head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry if you felt like you couldn't tell me."

"No, it was nothing to do with you." She murmured and I could feel her growing nervous. "It was actually because of Dad."

Right, Dad. I totally forgot about him.

"Remember a couple of nights ago when you guys were, like, kind of fighting?" She asked, giving my hand a small squeeze and resting her head on top of mine. "Well, that night really scared me. I mean, he got mad at you just because you rode a motorcycle with a friend from work. When you cried on my shoulder afterwards, I actually had a few suspicions that you were gay but I just didn't want to say anything in case it would make you uncomfortable."

I gave her a sad smile. "I don't really understand his problem sometimes. I actually saw him the other night, when I snuck out."

She immediately peeled herself away from me as her eyes bulged out so hard that I thought they were going to pop out of their sockets. "You, Blake Laurier, snuck out? Are you shitting me?"

I laughed nervously. "Um, yeah. With a friend. I mean, I wasn't planning to. He kind of just showed up-"

I cut myself off when she gave me a knowing look. Don't tell me she knows too. How would she know already? Did I make it that obvious?

"Oh, I see." She smirked, pulling her hair out of her ponytail, brunette locks swinging down by her shoulders. "Who's this friend?"

"You know him," I sighed. "And I know what you're thinking and the answer is no."

She gave me a pout, shaking my shoulder violently. "But Blake! I won't tell him if you do lik-"

"No. I don't."

"Okay, whatever." She groaned, letting go of my shoulder. "Please tell me?"

I sighed. "Liam."

She raised an eyebrow. "Lundin?"