THIRTEEN

She's at my house? Why is she at my house? I told her that I was going to be busy so why did she come anyways?

I then suddenly got a call from Mom.

"Hi honey, a friend is here to see you. She said you two were hanging out today."

I don't normally get pissed but I kind of was right now. "Tell her to leave, I told her that I couldn't hang out today."

"Why not?" She asked.

"I'm already hanging out with somebody else." I explained as I walked back to my house slowly so that Sofie would hopefully be gone before I got there. "I told her we could catch up tomorrow."

"Oh. It's that friend again, isn't it?" She said in a suggestive tone. Then she pulled away from the phone and murmured something along the lines of; "Sorry sweetheart, he's busy. Maybe come back tomorrow?"

Thank you Mom I literally love you.

My question was why Sofie even bothered to show up at my house. I told her I was busy yet she chose to come anyway? Is it normal for friends to do that? Hayden, Iris, and Phoebe don't. I can guarantee that Liam wouldn't so I don't understand why she would.

Sofie was nowhere to be seen as soon as I got home - thank god. I didn't want to seem rude but I didn't really feel like hanging out with her today. Did I choose somebody else over her? Maybe. Do I care? No, not really.

"Thanks so much for doing the groceries, I love you." My mom cooed as she cupped my face. My cheeks started to heat up in embarrassment as she started chuckling.

***

I didn't know why I was so nervous being at Liam's house. I'd been here before so what was the big deal? Maybe it was because our friendship has grown a little? Or maybe it was because I had somehow - and I hate to admit it - grown a little crush on him?

I wouldn't expect us to actually get anywhere in the future or even do anything as much as hugging. He doesn't really seem like the affectionate type in my opinion anyways - which is the complete opposite of me. I crave physical touch. Even something as subtle as holding hands would just send a whole army of butterflies fluttering inside my stomach.

I know I'm judging a book by it's cover but Liam looks anything but gay. He has that whole stereotypical straight boy look; leather jacket, blonde curtains, popular football jock. That sort of young Leonardo DiCaprio vibe.

He didn't seem to mind gay people though which is a relief for me. I would've thought he would be more like Lachlan. I hate to admit it but I actually would like to come out to him before I come out to my parents. He would accept me, I just know it. It's a gut feeling.

"Hey cupcake." Liam smiled, pulling me away from my thoughts. I waved shyly before standing there impatiently, hoping he would let me in but he didn't. Instead, he scooted past me with car keys in his hands. He turned around. "Are you coming?"

Confused, I walked over to him and implied by hopping into the passenger seat. "Where are we going exactly?"

"It's a surprise." He tried to suppress the grin that was showing on his face.

I kept quiet throughout the whole car ride but not without taking quick glances at the boy beside me because how could I resist? He looked so perfect I could literally just melt on the spot.

I almost didn't even realise that we'd come to a stop. It was around 2:46PM so I was confused as to why we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Oh my god, are you gonna kill me?" I covered my mouth in fear before trying to move as far away from him as I could which was pretty hard considering I had my seat belt on. I didn't even give him a chance to reply. "You're so gonna kill me! Someone! Hel-"