↠𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞 (𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭)

Requested by the lovely skythenoodle <3 sorry it took so long, I've been a bit busy, hope you enjoy and thank you for the support ♡

"I'm home Y/N."

Your usually grumpy boyfriend walked through the door, a frown plastered on his face. His voice seemed a little...off, let's say, but you brushed it off as nothing.

You walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his body. He felt cold. How strange.

"I need to *cough cough* go get changed *cough*."

"Whats with all the coughing, hmm?"

"Its nothing."

"Are you siiiiick?"

"No."

"Did you catch my illness because you didn't listen to meeee?"

"No!"

"Whatever you say!"

Velvet walked off, still coughing every now and then. You could hear his sniffling through the bedroom door.

He walked back into the living room and sat down on the sofa with you beside him. You rested your head on his chest and listened to his breathing.

It sounded strange. You knew he was ill, but wouldn't admit it.

"Velvet?"

"Mhm?"

"You sure you're ok? You seem pretty ill to me..."

He rubbed his eyes, which had bags hanging beneath them.

"I'm fine...*cough*"

"Stay here."

You walked off into the kitchen, tired of him lying.

"Where is that goddamn thing?!"

You were looking for medicine. It was one thing to find it but to convince Velvet to take it was a whole other struggle.

Eventually, you found it and took it back to the living room.

"Here."

Velvet reluctantly took the medicine from your hand and inspected it.

"I'm not taking it."

"Yes you are!"

"No, I'm *cough cough* not."

His eyes began to droop. He was exhausted.

You took the medicine back into your own hands and opened the lid. You poured it out onto a small, metal spoon and placed the medicine on the coffee table.

"Cmon open up."

No response.

"Please?"

He let out a sigh, but did as you said. You put the spoon into his mouth and mentally congratulated yourself. Velvet took the spoon out of his mouth after swallowing and cringed at the taste.

You smiled at him and gently stroked his cheek.

"Thanks Y/N."

You rubbed his hair and you both watched TV until eventually Velvet fell asleep.