𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1

ᴀ ᴍᴀꜱᴄᴀʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓸𝓿

Caroline is sitting on the couch when Damon approaches her, giving her a glass of blood. "Here." Damon says as he holds out the glass for her. She looks up at him before taking the glass.

"I'm still shaking." She says lowly before sipping some blood just as the door opened. Both vampires looked up to see Stefan walking into the parlor.

"What happened?" He asked immediately making Damon look at the blonde vampire who was sitting on the couch.

"Go ahead, tell him." Damon says, nodding his head towards his brother before turning back to Stefan "You're gonna love this." He says, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline says after a moment of the brothers looking at her.

"Where?"

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt."

*Flashback-Earlier that day*

Caroline enters the Mystic Grill before scanning the place, looking for her ex-boyfriend, Matt. She spots him and after a moment he looks up and sees her, after a moment he walks over to her.

"Do you need a table?" He ask her.

"No," Caroline says with a shake of her head "I'm not staying. I just needed to use the little girls' room." She says as she points there.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." Damon cuts in impatiently.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus." Caroline says with a frown.

Caroline is in the bathroom, washing her hands when Katherine walks in the bathroom, posing as Elena.

"Elena?"

"Hey, I saw you with Matt, are you okay?" She ask Caroline, acting if she cared like Elena would have done.

"Yeah, you know...whatever." Caroline says with a sigh and Katherine nods. After a moment Caroline tries to vamp speed pass Katherine but the older vampire grabs the blonde and pulls her back.

"You're good." Katherine says with an impressed nod "What gave me away? Was it the hair? Or was it my clothes?" She asked curiously.

"I know Elena is...I know Elena's at home."

"I need you to deliver a message."

"What was the message?" Stefan ask, cutting into the story a bit.

"Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Katherine threatens.

"Tell him the rest of it." Damon pushes.

"Tonight, at the masquerade ball." Katherine adds.

*Flashback Over*

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard.