Team Bonding: Breakfast Edition

Part 11
***
You got ready that morning rather slowly, not in any rush to go and face Clint after last night. It wasn't like you did anything bad, you just fell asleep next to each other, but there was still some awkwardness to it. You still were even having a hard time believing that last night happened, but sleep deprivation could be a powerful thing. It didn't matter who it was, after 24 hours without good sleep, your guard would start to let down, and then anything could happen. You just hoped Clint got the sleep he so desperately needed.

After stalling with a shower, styling your hair, and picking out your outfit for the day, you finally just decided it was time to leave your room. It was about 9:00 am when you finally left.

You made your way slowly to the kitchen area, already hearing the different voices of your team. They were soft, like everyone had just gotten up too, and you could smell pancakes. When you rounded the small corner from the hallway to the kitchen, you saw that not everyone was up yet. Steve was sat at one of the barstools, talking with Tony who sat at the end of the table. Natasha was standing in the kitchen, leaning her elbows on the counter top as she listened to whatever the two were talking about. Bruce was making pancakes, and Clint sat at the table with Tony on the opposite end, nursing a cup of coffee. He looked a lot better than last night, though still wore a downcast and angry looking expression.

Bruce was the first to notice you and gave you a warm smile. "Oh hey. Good morning, (y/n). Are you hungry? I made pancakes for everyone. Butter and syrup are on the table." His greeting of course alerted everyone else to look up from their conversations to give you more smiles.

You gave Bruce a smile back and shrugged a little. If he made them, you didn't just wanna turn him down. Plus you were hungry anyway. "Yeah, sure. That sounds great." You say, watching him place two on a plate for you and hand them over. "Thanks." You say as you take them from him. It was still a little unsettling for you to see Bruce as the hulk, but at least he seemed happier.

You made your way to the table that Clint and Tony sat at, planning on just getting some butter and syrup and then sitting at the barstools with Steve. It seemed like the safe option. As you buttered your pancakes, Steve spoke up. "How'd you sleep last night, (y/n)?" He asks.

You hum softly and look over to him to give him a smile. It felt like Clint was looking at you, but you didn't dare look in his direction. "Pretty good actually. I'm ready to just get started with everything." You answer, looking back to the pancakes and continuing to butter them. "Who are we waiting on?"

Tony took to answering that question. "God of Alcohol, Ratchet and Aunt Lang." He says, which brought a small smile to your face. God did you miss Tony's nicknames for everyone.

"You talking about Thor? Is he here?" You ask, putting the butter knife down and picking up the syrup bottle instead. You had known that Bruce and Rocket were going to try and get him, but you hadn't actually known if it was successful or not. By the time they had left, you had left with Natasha to find Clint.

Bruce nodded a little and sighed. "Yeah, he's in... pretty rough shape I'd say, but he's probably sobered up since." That just made you more confused though.

"What do you mean by 'sobered up' exactly?"

"Look it was the only way to get him in the car to come with us. He wouldn't have come with us if I hadn't offered to give him ale. Long and short of it, he and Rocket both got really drunk on the way back and by the time we got here, he was extremely hungover and Rocket was drunk. I just plopped Thor down in one of the spare rooms and Rocket found his way somewhere. I'm sure they are both fine though. He's a god after all. That stuff should go though them pretty quick. And Rocket wasn't too bad." He explains, trying to play it off like it wasn't a big deal.