The Stark Family

Part 4
***
It was a sunny and warm day when Steve, Natasha, Scott and you went out to pay Tony a visit. You watched out the passenger window as you drove down a long road that led into the woods. It reminded you of the woods across the field at your old house. Quiet and peaceful. Pretty soon, the car was pulling up to a large beautiful cabin that had a great view of a lake. Even in times like these, Stark still managed to afford a big house for a small family. Your farmhouse had been big, but that was only because you needed four kid's rooms, a guest room for Laura, your master bedroom and then rooms like bathrooms and a living room/kitchen area.

As Steve parks the car, your old agent instincts kicked in and you did a quick scan of the area, looking for signs of danger despite knowing there wouldn't be any. It had been a while since you'd left the tower, so being out on what felt like a mission was starting to bring back some form of PTSD almost. Steve seems to notice your fidgety behavior and places his hand over yours, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Relax. We're just here to visit an old friend." He says simply, trying to calm down the part of your mind that thought you were in some kind of dangerous situation.

"And to negotiate." You add with a soft sigh. "And all the negotiations I've attended have always ended with fighting."

From the backseat, Natasha asks Steve what their plan of tackling this was, but you tuned it out for the most part. You were too busy just admiring where you were. The open space, the miles of woods, the lake. It reminded you so much of your little farm. What you'd give to go back and see it again, though you worried about the condition it was in now.

Your eyes suddenly shifted to the tiniest bit of movement, and there he was. Tony Stark. Looking a lot better than when you'd last seen him. He wasn't so skinny and malnourished anymore, his eyes no longer sunken in and lifeless. In his arms, he carried what looked to be a smaller, and female, version of him, who you could only assume was his daughter Morgan. She was eyeing the car, noticing it a lot sooner than her dad had.

Steve notices your glazed over look and quickly turns to see what you were looking at. Upon seeing Tony, he sighs and unbuckles himself.

"Let's just get this over with." He mumbles, climbing out of the car and shutting the door. Natasha followed right behind from the backseat, along with Scott. The noise seemed to draw Tony's attention, because within a second of hearing the doors shut, he was looking up at the group, though mainly Steve. He watched the man with a hint of suspicion in his eyes, which was quickly turned to the other and then you when you climbed out of the passenger's side. He seems to give just a simple nod toward the small group before turning and heading up the stairs of his porch.

You glanced to Steve, looking for direction on what you should do next. Natasha had already decided though and was walking up to the stairs to follow Tony inside. She glances back to the group and motions with a nod of her head for you to follow her toward the house. With some hesitance, you follow behind Steve, crossing your arms and hugging yourself a little as you went.

Tony's house was just as impressive on the inside as it was on the outside, though you didn't stay in there for very long. Just enough to say hi to Pepper and introduce everyone too Morgan. Everything was nice and neat though, a condition that was rare to keep at your place with Clint and his kids, though you doubted the tidiness was because of Tony. Pepper always was the one who made sure his life and living space were organized.

There were still things though in the house that just screamed Tony Stark. You noted that he had a bunch of high tech stuff laying around, which didn't surprise you at all considering Tony wasn't himself without his fancy toys to tinker with. Beneath all that though was clearly a loving home. It was warm and inviting and reminded you of the home you'd built with the love of your life before everything was taken away from you.