A Bargining Chip

Part 30
***
"Where. Are. The stones?"

You're being lifted off the ground, and your hands grab hold of the wrist of the creature that had been tracking you and Clint. You could tell it was the same creature due to the fact that its main right eye was missing. Fresh purplish blood was trailing down its cheek. The other eyes all looked at you with pure hatred and rage.

You thrash around, trying to break its hold on you. You hit its arm and attempt to pry its fingers from your clothes but nothing made the creature budge. Finally, fed up with your antics, it drags you in close and then slams you back against a remnant of a concrete wall, making the air leave your lungs.

It effectively stopped you from thrashing, your body now focused on returning the air to your lungs. Right as you gasp, the fresh air you thought you'd be getting is replaced by a sour smell as the creature leans in close to you. You swiftly curl your leg up, placing your uninjured foot against its chest to try and maintain some distance.

"I'm growing tired of you. You've managed to slip away one too many times, but not anymore. The stones... Where are they?"

"You wouldn't believe me." You reply, pressing your foot harder against the creature. It doesn't budge though. The Chitauri is far stronger than you'd ever be. Their species was essentially just muscle. "You didn't last time."

The Chitauri growls and slams you against the wall again, though this time it was lighter. It only brought you a few inches away from the wall, so there wasn't as much force behind it this time. "That's because you lied last time." The creature snarls.

"And how do you know if I'm lying or not?"

"Oh, I have my ways of making people like you talk. You want a mother to break," the Chitauri's free hand pulled out a knife, holding it up for you to see. "You threaten her children." He brings the knife down slowly, it's destination your lower stomach. Immediately, you body acts out of instinct. Your other leg, despite your injury and the pain it'd cause, desperately tried to kick its arm away.

"Wait, wait! Stop, stop, stop.. Ok, I'll tell you!" You hated the pleading tone in your voice, but you couldn't let this thing hurt your baby. The Chitauri looks back at you, waiting patiently. It doesn't move the knife away from you.

"Go on.." It encourages you.

"Clint, the man who was with me, he has the stones. He took them." You saw no reason to lie. Clint was long gone, and you didn't want to risk anything happening. Clint wasn't coming back your way to save you this time, and you were in a more secluded area from the main fight. So that meant no back up unless someone stumbled across you.

"And? That's unless information." The Chitauri taunts, pressing the knife closer to you now. You tense up, foot pressing harder against its arm despite the burning pain in your ankle.

"What else do you want to know! Clint took the stones and said we needed to split up! He ran off, and I stayed here! I clearly don't have them!" You spoke quickly, trying to spill as much as you could before the Chitauri moved the knife any closer to you.

"Where is he taking the stones?! Which way did he go?!" The Chitauri barks, making you flinch and turn your head away. Its breath was horrible and the loud shouting hurt your ears.

"I don't know! I don't know where he is going! He just took them and ran off. He didn't have time to tell me where. All I know is he ran off that way." You nod with your head in the direction Clint went. "That's all I know. Please let me go, I've told you everything I know!"

"Oh no. I'm not letting you go just yet. You are much too valuable to just let go. I am going to take you to Thanos. And he will be the one to decide your fate." The creature growls back at you, though the pressure of trying to hold the knife back with you foot is relieved. Your baby was safe for now.