I Know a Guy

Part Two
***
You'd been living in the tower for three years. Leaving Clint behind was almost as hard as losing your baby. For the first month or so of living there, you couldn't eat anything, and every night was spend thinking about Clint, where he was, and if he was even alive.

You thought that as the years passed, you would simply move on from the archer, but just like back in the days of shield, you never could stop caring about him. It was hard to believe that 5 years had passed since everything had happened. That you hadn't seen Clint in 3 years. Even with all that time, you still cried at night thinking about him.

You were sitting in the living room area, sitting on a window sill and looking out over the now way too quiet city. It was funny really. When you lived in the tower with Clint all those years ago, you used to complain about how loud it was. How you could never get a good nights rest when the whole city seemed to be awake. Clint used to just chuckle at your complaining and offer up some dirty ways on how he could tire you out to the point where the noise wouldn't be a problem. Some nights you'd let him have his way and others you would just hit his chest playfully and curl into his side, putting up with the noise outside. Now, it was hard to sleep without it. You missed it.

You had earbuds in, yet you weren't listening to any music. Having them in though seemed to tell the others in the tower not to bother you, and you really just wanted to be left alone today. Today was just another one of those days where Clint being gone seemed to weight on you more.

Natasha was just a few feet away, sitting quietly at a desk in the other room, in her own thoughts as you were. You weren't sure if she was aware that you were there. She came in about 30 minutes ago, and you guessed she was waiting on a call. She normally did that around this time. There were points were you could hear faint sobbing, and you wondered if you should leave to give her privacy, but your ankles felt as though they had boulders on them and your body was too numb to move.

A flash of light caught the corner of your eye, and you guessed that the phone call that Natasha wanted to make had started.

Rhodey, Rocket, Carol and Okoye. They were all checking in with Natasha. You could see the glows from their projections and make out Carol's back from where you were.

You went back to looking out the window, now caring about what was going on in the rest of the universe. Nothing good. That was the answer to that. Too much crime, too much sadness, too much hurt.

After a while, the lights of the holograms started to go out, telling you that everyone was leaving. Rhodey stayed behind for a moment though, continuing to talk to Natasha. You heard something that caught your attention though and started to listen.

"It's defiantly Barton." He told Natasha quietly. You could feel the hairs on the back of your neck standing up at the mention of that last name. Your heart jumped painfully in your chest and you had to bite your cheek to keep from sobbing.

"You sure it's not a gang? There seem to be-"

"It's not a gang, Nat. It's him." Rhodey cuts her off. "What he's done here, what he's been doing for the past few years... I mean... the scene that he left. And I gotta tell ya. There's a part of me that doesn't even want to find him."

There was a moment of silence before Natasha spoke again. "Find him. Please."

Rhodey sighs. "Nat, I don't think-"

"Just find out where he's going next. Ok? Find out for me and... For (y/n). Please." Rhodey sighs when she says that. "Ok. I'll do my best." With that, he was gone.

You felt your eyes swelling up with tears and you tucked tighter into ball. You try to keep your breathing under control, not wanting what Rhodey just said to be true.