The Snap

Part One
***
It had only taken a second for your life to change.

It started out as a warm, peaceful day at the Barton house. The sun was shining, making it hot out, but there was a breeze that cooled it perfectly. The family decided to get together to do a cookout and just enjoy being together. Laura, Clint's ex wife, was visiting with all the kids today, and Clint was outside enjoying some quality time with them. It never bothered you, Clint being so close with his ex-wife. You knew he was yours alone. It was as simple as that.

You had looked outside the tiny window over the sink, watching as Laura set the table, Cooper and Nathaniel played catch, and Clint worked with his daughter, Lila, on shooting bow. A smile made its way to your lips as you watched him worked with her, trying to show his daughter how to shoot just like him. She was a natural at the sport too, just like he had been.

A sudden kick brought you back to reality, and your hand went over to your stomach, rubbing the spot where the little baby inside you had kicked. It always brought a smile to your face when you looked down to see that bump of life that you and Clint had created.

You met Clint years ago back when he had just become a shield agent. You yourself had been an agent as well, working in another division on the opposite side of the world as Clint. There had been a mission gone wrong, and tons of agents from the New York division ended up dead. With the lower numbers in such a high crime area at the time, they had started pulling people from other areas. By chance, Fury had picked you among a small group of others to transfer to the HQ in New York.

For the first year or so of being there, you actually weren't aware of Clint, and he didn't know of you. Clint had level 7 clearance and had been apart of an elite team of fighters known as Strike Team Delta, while you, being just a transfer at the time, had been given level 1 clearance and were on a team of basically advanced trainee's. It was all just protocol for the first year since Fury wanted to personally oversee your skills. After that first year was up, you'd been bumped up to level 5 clearance, so basically a foot soldier. With another two years of hard work in your field, Fury bumped you up to level 6, and you'd become a spy and combat specialist for shield.

Shortly after that, news of an assassin recruiting his target had gotten around, and Clint became sort of famous among the agents. That's when you first really started noticing him and maybe also starting having a little crush on him. He was always hanging around with the target he'd recruited though, so you figured he probably had a thing for her. You couldn't really blame him either. She was a beautiful woman with great curves. Soon, Natasha Rominoff was passing you in the ranks, and Clint and her were always being paired up for missions. You kinda just pushed your feelings for the archer down after that.

One mission though came up at the last minute. It required two agents, and Natasha had been send away for an important uncover mission she couldn't be pulled from. Fury instead turned to you. He saw it as an opportunity to improve your skills. The mission was a little more difficult than what you'd been used to, and Fury thought that Clint would be a good mentor.

You'd been pretty excited to go on a mission with the archer, while he on the other hand, had been a little grumpy about it. He didn't like going on missions with people he didn't know, so the first couple of days had been a little tense and awkward between you two. After you'd managed to break the ice though, you two were fast at becoming friends.

The mission had been a success, and with it over, you thought the small friendship between you and Clint would go away. To your delight though, Clint kept in contact. When you passed him in the halls, he'd give you a small smile and a nod. You two would sometimes get together to train, and you even started doing more missions together. Fury thought you two worked well together, so he would pair you up when Natasha was busy.