Time Heist Preparations

Part 19
***
It'd been roughly a week since the testing of the time machine and the events with Clint on the roof. You thought that after what happened on the roof with Clint that things might be a little awkward between you. If anything, you were worried that Clint might try to get that intimate with you again, and you'd have to tell him to stop. But he never brought up the subject, and when he did kiss or touch you, it was never with the expectation that you'd turn it into something more.

During that week, Tony made some adjustments to the suits which he hoped would account for the dizzying effect of the quantum realm, as well as finishing everyone else's suits. The team was now equipped to make the time jump. Of course you still needed to finish the actual plans. Everyone else spent that week preparing the mission plan, dividing up teams, choosing times to go, the locations, and getting ready physically.

Everyone had their own schedules worked out for what they did during the day. A lot of times, small groups would gather just to talk out ideas for when everyone got together. The whole team did meet up at varied times during the week. Normally it was right after dinner since that time worked best for everyone, though sometimes you'd meet up right after lunch. Today though, you'd meet up after dinner.

The day started for you as it normally did, with you waking up to the violent sounds of your alarm at 7:00 am sharp. Clint still slept in his own room every night even despite the fact that he'd already stayed the night in yours a few times now. It was a healthy boundary though. Even if you wished he'd stay every night.

You still got to see him a lot throughout the day though. Your morning schedules lined up quite a bit, and you weren't sure if that was by accident, or if Clint just decided to start his morning by working out too. Given, he wasn't always on time, but it always seemed to work out. Some mornings Clint was in the gym before you, and other times, he wasn't up till 10:00 am. Regardless of how the morning started, you always met up in the gym and end up spending the rest of the day together.

That particular morning, you rolled over to shut off your alarm and then slid out of bed to go shower. After showering and getting ready for the day, you wandered into the kitchen for some breakfast. A few of others were up, and you chatted with them before heading down to the gym to start your workout and hopefully meet up with Clint.

The gym was normally pretty empty this earlier in the morning. It'd start to fill up around 10:00, and then more so as the afternoon rolled around. It was why you liked coming here this earlier with Clint. It gave you both some time together. Even when Clint started his workout before you, he'd stick around to watch you workout and keep you company.

You pushed the doors to the gym open and heard the familiar sounds of Clint working out with a punching bag. He was in the way back of the gym, where he normally was, and you smiled as you made your way over to him. He of course hadn't heard you come in. You realized about a week ago after the roof that he was becoming hard of hearing.

Once you were close, you worked your way around the punching bag so that he could see you. You found just trying to get in his line of sight worked a lot better than coming up behind him. And by now you'd also learned to stay out of his swinging range when you approached him. Circling around to the front of him, you gave him a soft smile as you stepped into his line of sight.

"Hey, good morning." You hum, as Clint ceases in his punching and places a hand on the bag to steady it. He'd worked up a light sweat that covered all his exposed skin, which was mainly just his face, neck and arms. The shine seemed to only bring out his handsome features. You wondered how long he'd been here if he'd already managed to start sweating.

"Hi, good morning, sunshine." He greets back, going to grab a towel to dab his face and neck. While he did that, you went to set your bag down next to his, smiling at the fact he called you sunshine.