Not quite villains

The students were still in quite a bit of shock after that last one. Sure, it wasn't surprising that Midoriya hated Endeavor, most of them did after hearing a bit more about him, but he never talks about what his life was like growing up. A few of the students, mainly Uraraka, Mina, and Denki, started freaking out when the boy remained unconscious until the voice explained. 

When the glass went dark for the...third?...time, they settled down once again. 

The screen flashed back to all of them in the common room. They remembered this; it was kinda a hard thing to forget. The class had gotten into a large debate about the L.O.V., although it was more of a rant, when Midoriya came walking down the stairs because of all the noise.

"What's going on?"

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SHI-"

"The class is discussing the L.O.V.." Iida said, chopping his arms with his words.

"DON'T CUT ME OFF YOU FU-"

"What about them?" He asked.

"STOP IGNORING ME!"

"They keep attacking us, you know. We just kinda wish they'd be dealt with already." Uraraka explained.

"Dealt with?"

"Yeah, yuh know, thrown in jail like the rest of the villains." Jiro said with a wave of her hand.

Midoriya frowned, "Shouldn't we be trying to help them before we literally condemn them for life?"

"Help them?! Are you crazy!" Mineta yelled.

He frowned, "No, but what if they need help? Like how Mustard was just a kid."

"To be fair," Momo commented, "They did try to kill us."

"TWICE! No! More than twice!" the annoying grape yelled.

"Well, yes, but...have you looked at them?"

The room grew silent. No one knowing what to say. 

Finally, Denki spoke up, "What do you mean?"

"Well, Dabi is covered from head to toe in burn scars, and something tells me he didn't give those to himself, at least not on purpose. Twice seems to always need to wear a mask or it's like he's in pain, Spinner flinched as if wounded when someone commented, rather rudely, about how he looks. Toga looks tiny, almost starved. Shigaraki harms himself when stressed out."

All eyes were on him, and for once he didn't care. "It's just, people aren't just born bad. They aren't born evil or knowing right from wrong. They are taught to be that way, and the lessons are usually far from kind."

"What are you trying to say?" Asked Sero. 

"I just...I don't know. I'm not saying they're good, that they deserve it or that they even can be helped but maybe it would be better if, instead of only hurting them more, we tried to help. Don't force it on them or anything, and once again I'm not saying all of them can be helped, but for those that can, maybe stepping in with grace and understanding instead of malice or hatred could be a first step. The L.O.V. are full of a lot of people I feel we could help. They've held back, stopped and listened when we had something to say. They've done bad things, but they are not yet completely beyond our reach, at least most of them. Maybe we can help?"

Finally meeting the eyes of his class, he was met with wide-eye stares from all of them. Could you blame them though? It was like he said, "Hey, take everything you've ever been told about villains and throw it away."