Dear Notebook: part 8

Aizawa sighed as his colleagues started talking over each other, as if being louder meant you had a better point than the rest. A quick glance over to his husband let him catch the man turning down his hearing aids. Lucky bastard.

Honestly, he wasn't sure how to feel right now.  He was angry, of course, at what his student had been forced to go through, and you can bet everything he owns that he and his problem child will be having a very long talk after this.

Then, of course, he got to learn about what the dumbass Toshinori had done to the kid. It felt good to get a small bit of revenge on the man, but he had a long way to go before Aizawa was finished. And because his students like flipping his emotions, he had the pleasure of learning a whole lot about problem child.

But there was a lot that wasn't said too. Like how he sometimes catches the boy in the kitchen around midnight with his head down, hands wrapped around a steaming mug of tea. Or the way his face twists in pain after writing for any longer than 3 minutes on a particularly cold day.

They didn't mention how often he skips meals to train or flinches away from contact. He's sure some of them have noticed by now, but no one said a thing. Not that he could blame them, he hadn't said anything either.

Despite everything, Aizawa had never reached out to the teenage boy. He blamed it on being busy or saying that it wasn't his place. In reality he knew that he was just pushing it off. Postponing the inevitable, where he'd have to listen to things that would make his blood boil and come to terms with the fact that he can't do anything about it.

The voice spoke up, interrupting his grumbling, "If that is all, I believe it is time to continue. Izuku, if you'd please?"

The boy sighed but got up nonetheless, making his way over to the blankets once again. He knows that the voice, or whatever they said their name was, told them that the process wasn't hurting Midoriya, but it still unnerved him to see his student rendered unconscious. 

And just like before, Izuku began to speak again.

Dear notebook, this should be fun. I've thought about my first day of school all the time. It was certainly a day to remember. 

I didn't get there super early. Before school started, yes, but not like Iida or Kachan. Honestly, Kachan calls me a nerd and yet he's one of the smartest in class. Not to mention he is such a rule follower. 

"Not true!" Denki shouted out, "Our group snuck out last weekend to get ice cream at midnight! He was grumbling the whole time, but he still came!"

"Cute." was Todoroki's only response. 

Sero was about to ask what he meant when Aizawa spoke up, "Thanks for letting me know. You, Mina, Sero, Bakugo, and Kirishima have trash duty for the rest of the month."

They all groaned. "WOULD YOU SHUT UP!" Bakugo yelled at the yellow haired boy. 

Denki rubbed the back of his neck, "Oops..."

Anyways, back to the topic. I got to walk into Iida reprimanding Kachan for having his feet up on the desk. Not gonna lie, I was pretty sure he was going to blow the guy up. But that was nothing compared to finding out that the  Eraserhead was gonna be our teacher. 

Do you have any idea how long I've idolized him? 

Aizawa felt his cheeks dust with a faint blush, ducking into his capture scarf as his Husband and so-called friends laughed at him. Traitors. 

I was freaking out for a solid 5 minutes I swear. When I came to, we were grabbing our gym clothes and heading to quickly change before making our way outside.