Dear Notebook: part 5

Shoji tried pretty hard to stay out of the spotlight. Despite not being a necessarily violent person, the way he looked tended to...scare people. So, pretty much his whole life, he has focused on coming off as least threateningly as possible.

Having said that, he knew how to recognize when someone else was doing the same thing. Which meant it wasn't surprising that he was able to recognize when Midoriya was doing it. What was surprising was why.

Since basically the beginning of the school year, he has been trying to figure it out. Why someone so kind and powerful seemed so afraid of everything around him. Sure, he warmed up some, but there were still plenty of little things. For instance, it's obvious he's tough starved, but doesn't like being touched. He clearly has major anxiety. And the green haired boy tries very hard not to be noticed.

Now he knows that it's because of the horrible past he had to live through. Quirk discrimination was a pretty big thing nowadays, and anyone with a mutant or "villainous" type quirk could tell you that easily. But Shoji had never even considered the quirkless. Plus, based off of what he just heard, the quirkless had it way worse, not that the sunshine (he previously thought) boy would see it that way.

As they journal entries started up again, Shoji vowed to give him the biggest hug ever when this was over. Actually, when this was over, he was going to make sure that Midoriya knew if he was ever sad, lonely, tired, or whatever the reason may be, he could come to him for comfort.

(He also maybe wanted broccoli cuddles)

Dear notebook, where did I leave off again? I'm in an alleyway under a bridge getting woken up by slaps in the face from the number one hero, right.

Mina and Denki couldn't help the snort they let out.

As you can guess, I was pretty much freaking out. I mean who wouldn't freak out upon meeting the number one hero?

"Anyone who knows him." Aizawa dead paned.

The whole room cracked up and All Might let out a scandalized 'Hey!'.

I was about to get his autograph, like any fan would, but he already did that. Come to think of it, that was a bit presumptuous of him.

"Wow, not even I think so highly of myself to believe everyone loves me." Hawks snickered, teasing the number one hero.

All Might looked like a fish, opening and closing his mouth as he tried to come up with a retort.

I saw a chance, a small one, to ask him a question I really needed an answer to. But he was in a rush. Not that I was surprised, but really, I had to ask. So, like the stupid person I am, I grabbed on to his leg as he tried to jump away.

"Oh my gosh."

"You're joking."

"I COULD TOTALLY SEE HIM DOING THAT!"

"That was highly irresponsible!"

All Might seemed to realize what was going to happen next and was growing paler by the second. He knows what he said was stupid. Not entirely unreasonable, but stupid for the circumstance. 

Anyways, we ended up landing on a roof, and of course he tried to take off again, but I only had one shot and I wasn't about to let it go to waste. So, I asked him the most important question I had. I asked him if someone quirkless could ever dream of being a hero.

Everyone was now extremely interested, wanting to know what the hero said.

I thought that, if anyone, All Might would look past the disability. That he would look more to the person than their quirk. I was wrong though, because just like everyone else, he told me no.