Dear Notebook...

Dabi didn't like this. It felt like a huge invasion of the kid's privacy. At the same time, however, he was learning a lot he simply didn't expect.

He was sure that this whole thing was going to be stupid. In fact, when the voice, or whatever, said they were here to learn about the hero brat, he expected a life full of cupcakes and rainbows and everything being handed to him on a silver platter. Honestly, have they seen his quirk?

He was not expecting, though, to find a kid who shared a point of view he was sure was impossible. He defended the villains and talked and answered their questions without hesitation. Damned brat actually comforted the blood chick after telling her he cared.

So, while he felt bad about learning something so clearly personal, he was now very curious as to what happened to this kid to make him like this, because it sure as hell wasn't normal.

_________

Everyone held their breath as they watched the scene.

Dear notebook, I guess I'll start from the top. The first main thing that happened to me was when I turned four. I had a good life. A loving mother and father, a best friend, everything I could have wanted.

Then we went to the quirk doctor.

Most of them were confused. Midoriya had a super strong quirk. Most people would kill for something so powerful.

One word changed my life. Quirkless.

The room froze. There it was again. They still didn't understand. Midoriya has a quirk.

I didn't know how to feel about it. I wanted so badly to be a hero, but no matter who I asked, all I was told was that without a quirk, that was impossible. That I was weak and would only get in the way.

"They're not wrong. It's too dangerous. A quirkless child would only get themselves killed." All Might announced with a sigh.

The room was silent for a moment.

"You're joking, right?" Mirio said.

"Of course not my boy, these are facts one must come to terms with." He continued with a nod of conformation.

Appalled, Mirio got up from his seat next to All Might, much to the man's confusion, and moved over to sit with the other students, his friends flowing.

No one could say anything. They were sure that, out of everyone, the former number one hero would be the first to encourage and lift up the others spirit. But apparently, they were wrong. So wrong.

I asked my mom later that day if I could still be a hero. A hero like All Might, who saved everyone with a smile, who sparked hope in others. All she said was she's sorry. I hated those words. They don't solve anything. That's not what I needed to hear, and it wasn't her fault to begin with.

I needed my mom to encourage me. To tell me to keep going, that I could do it. But that was shattered with just two words. Two words that sounded so hurt, so disappointed.

That's all for now, I'm going to bed.

Most watched the screen in sadness. Others in anger.

They didn't have much time to reflect on it though as the screen changed. Midoriya was at his desk again, but it seemed to be the next day.

Dear Notebook, I really hope I'm doing this right. I guess we'll move onto the next thing now, though it's pretty connected.

Dad was mad.

Many in the room took a sharp breath. Others sat straight up in their chairs.

He stormed out as soon as mom told him, slamming the door behind him. Mom told me not to worry about it, to go to my room and do my homework. He came back later that night, clearly drunk. I woke up to the sound of yelling in the living room.