Chapter 8

Jake's POV: All three of them were sitting on Jay's couch laughing and catching up. It felt almost as if Jake had never even died at all. 

"So Sunghoon who was that girl that answered the door for you?" Jake said as he raised an eyebrow

 Jay slightly scoffed. 

"Didn't he tell you? Sunghoon finally got over his fear of girls and asked Go Eunsang out" Jay said

 Sunghoon's face turned red as he sunk down into the couch. 

"Finally, dude you couldn't even work with a girl on a science project without sweating profusely" Jake laughed

 "Hey! At least I'm not single like Jay over here" Sunghoon said

 "Oh come on, we recently broke up" Jay said

 "Sucks to suck" Jake shrugged

 The three continued laughing as the night went on.

Hyewun's POV: Hyewun was still confused after Sunoo went home. Hyewun was left alone in her room.

 "It couldn't have been Jake that she saw right?" She thought to herself

 But who else could it been?

 That's when Hyewun got an idea. Hyewun flipped opened her laptop and typed in. 

"Can ghosts of people come back alive?"

 It sounded silly but Hyewun needed to know. But as expected only silly little articles popped up about theories and stuff. Until an article caught her eye. Hyewun clicked on it and the article started talking about spirits usually only came back to life if they had a purpose that they needed to fulfill. Of course this sounded silly to Hyewun since dead people can't just come back to life again. Hyewun decided that it was enough for one night and logged off. 

"It was stupid of my to think that the internet could answer questions about ghosts anyways" Hyewun sighed

The next morning: Jake woke up on Jay's couch. The first thing he saw was Jay and Sunghoon still asleep on the couches across from him. Realization set in as Jake realized that he was no longer a ghost. But suddenly Jake felt a sharp pain in his head that caused his eyes to squeeze shut. Jake got a flashback to him in his school uniform looking like he was arguing with someone. But Jake couldn't tell who it was, and before he knew it he was back on the couch and the pain in his head disappeared as if it was never there in the first place.

 Jay and Sunghoon were still passed out and Jake was now panting on the couch. He was confused as to what he just saw. But Jake just shrugged it off and thought maybe this was what happened when you come back from the dead. He sat there on the couch looking out the window into the city. He saw people walking in and out of stores as well as past Jay's house. All of this just reminded him of how much he had missed out on. The city had drastically changed since the last time he had been down from the rooftop. Obviously Jake saw somethings from the rooftop but he only saw so much of what was past the area of the school. Now he could see all the new buildings that were built in place of the big field that sat next to Jay's house.

 It was crazy how much things could change in only a few years. Suddenly there was a knock on Jay's door. Jake's head snapped towards the front door. Jay got up groaning as he heard the knock. 

"What do people want at this hour?" He asked groggily

 Jay was still trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"I'll got get it!" Jake said as he sprang up from the couch

 Jay was surprised at the amount of energy Jake had. Jake opened the door.