Chapter 22 | let me be with you

He couldn't take this anymore. Luka knowing everything and having to hide it was weighing on him. He knew literally everything, Adriens whereabouts, ladybug and cat noirs identities, even the potential of who hawkmoth was. And the fact he couldn't say anything to anyone was killing him inside.

So tonight was his breaking point. As he lay in bed awake tossing and turning, he decided that enough was enough.

He was going to see Adrien.

Opening his window, he checked the surroundings for passerby's before transforming into Viperion and slipping out to run over the rooftops out of sight to the other end of the city where Adrien currently hid. If he made it soon, maybe he'd still be awake.

He knew that he couldn't mention some details too him just yet, but he could at least reveal that he knew he was cat noir. Something about that knowledge was bugging him the most. Maybe it was because it meant he knew why both Adrien AND cat noir were missing, since the world thinks they're two separate people.

Thanks to the added speed and agility the miraculous gave him, it didn't take him that long to run across the rooftops of Paris to where he'd followed Adrien the other day, all he needed to do now was figure out which room he was in. Looking in the windows and hoping the curtains were open would do the trick. From the opposite building he peered into the windows of each apartment, spotting Adrien still awake in his pyjamas laying on his front as he wrote something down in bed.

Luka was a bit scared, would Adrien push him away? What if this didn't go as well as he hoped? What if this ruined their relationship?

It was all a risk he had ti take for some sense of peace inside his mind knowing that he was able to at least talk to Adrien, even if he had to hide him. Jumping onto the roof of the apartments, and slipping down the side onto the small balcony that lead into Adriens room, he took a breath and tapped on the sliding glass door.

Adrien looked up, confused for a moment until he realised where the sound was coming from. Turning to look at the balcony, he almost jumped out of his skin when he saw the all too familiar face standing there. Luka waved, a weak smile on his face. Adrien just stared in shock for a moment, processing that Luka absolutely knew who he was despite the new appearance and somehow found him.

They maintained eye contact for a moment, everything sinking in. There was no escaping this, they needed to talk. Luka hadn't even noticed the crutches next to Adriens bed until he grabbed him to get up and support himself. Luka became worried, as to be expected.

When Adrien came up to the door, he leaned onto a crutch and used his free hand to unlock and open it.

"Hey... Adrien..." Luka said.

"How did you- what? D-don't turn me in please-" Adrien panicked.

"Adrien! I'm not turning you in. I just... wanted to make sure you were safe... that's all"

Adrien was totally confused, how the hell did Luka even find him? Let alone figure out what apartment he was staying at.

"I- uh... as long as you promise not to turn me in, I'll explain everything" Adrien sighed.

"I'm not turning you in, I promise. It's just I saw you walking home from work while I was out one day and for a moment I didn't think it was you until I saw you again. I just had to make sure you were ok, even if I have to keep this secret I just want to... well... be able to talk to you again. I miss you"

Silent for a moment, Adrien nodded and let him in. Luka detransformed and revealed the surprise pyjama party he'd accidentally started by showing up in his pyjamas. They both sat on the bed, for a moment there was an awkward silence.