Chapter 65 | kidnapped

Adrien looked down at the phone on the coffee table as he ate the cake he'd gotten from Marinettes bakery. It'd been a while now... no response. He knew something was up, he knew something was bad.

"No it's fine Adrien... Lilith said it's rush hour she's right. He's on a bike you were in a car, he's probably just not home yet..." he told himself.

The sun was starting to set, and it was definitely much later than rush hour, but the desire for everything to be ok was telling him to not stress it. Even though he was absolutely stressing it. Sighing he turned on the TV to try and distract himself, flipping through channels for something to watch for a while finding there wasn't really much on.

"Man... TV has gotten so crap" he complained.

His phone pinged, and he grabbed it exitedly thinking it was Luka. But he was met with a different notification.

Akuma alert: several villains surrounding the Eiffel Tower.

"Of course it's the Eiffel Tower again... when will they come up with something new?" He sighed.

As if the universe was listening to him, the boring show about house building that was on suddenly began to glitch out and the image changed to a blurry shot of what seemed to be a person.

"This is for Cat Noir, and ladybug too. But I knew Cat Noir will be particularly enraged about this..."

No... he knew that voice...

The blur faded as the camera focused, and just as he thought he was met with Felix. Felix, with the missing butterfly miraculous.

"This isn't the same hawkmoth you know, he's long gone by now. I don't care what you call me, so go ahead and give me a name public. But that's not the point of this broadcast... this is-" he began.

Stepping to the side, and slightly moving the camera Adrien almost had a heart attack when he saw what was going on. They had Luka. Although for whatever reason, they'd made him transform...

Tied to a pole and his weapon smashed in front of him, the background made Adrien realise this was the top of the Eiffel Tower. They had him suspended and one wrong step would have him fall. And since he was tied up if he did fall he couldn't do anything to stop it.

"We have your precious little snake boy. Don't think the world doesn't know you've fallen victim to his venom, if you want your boyfriend back unharmed you and Ladybug will hand over your miraculous. Don't try and fight us, we have the tower surrounded with more senti monsters and akumas than you could handle even with your whole team. The last hawkmoth was pathetic, he never took chances like we did. Now...you have a choice. Your boyfriend or -" Felix was cut off by Luka attempting to kick at him.

"DON'T FALL FOR IT CAT- ITS A TRA-" before he could finish Lila walked into frame with the missing peacock miraculous and slapped tape over his mouth.

"Shut your mouth, you aren't ruining this for us" she snarled.

Luka tried to kick at her, but Lila wasn't having it and slapped him across the face with her fan.

"Quit whining" she snapped.

As if kidnapping Luka and demanding the miraculous wasn't bad enough, but they dare psychically assault his man? Not in his fucking watch.

"Your boyfriend or the miraculous, your choice Cat Noir... and Ladybug, you'll regret what you did to my associate, don't think you're escaping this" Felix finished before cutting the footage off.

Adrien stood there for a moment in shock, he knew something was wrong and he should have listened to that gut feeling. It's bad enough akumatizing innocent people and terrorising the city, but kidnapping a hero is too far.