Chapter 47 | falling into place

Despite it being rather cold and the middle of winter, it was quite sunny this morning. Adrien had put the pillow over his head to block out the rays of sun coming in from the window waking him up. Plagg has hidden under the blankets wanting to continue sleeping and say out of the sun too.

But the boys attempts to fall back asleep after the sun rudely woke them up were foiled when Adriens phone buzzed with a notification. Recently he'd been able to swap the flip phone for a touch screen thanks to the savings from his job, the sound of a smartphone notification was an annoying noise that he didn't miss when we was stuck with a flip phone. Groaning in annoyance and reaching for it on the bedside table he turned it on and was blinded by the screen light for a moment.

The notification in question was from the miraculous news app that kept up to date with akumas and various other hero related news. He was expecting maybe a 'where are the recent akumas' article, not what he read.

'Are Parisian superheroes Cat Noir and Viperion dating? Spotted kissing on rooftop'

"Fuuuucckkkk..." he sighed, completely forgetting that other buildings could probably see across onto the rooftop they were in last night.

Tapping the notification and unlocking his phone he was met with exactly what he thought, a photo taken from someone's window onto the rooftop across from them last night. Zoomed in and slightly low quality, he could be seen sitting in his boyfriends lap lips together and arms around each other.

"Damnit there goes keeping it between us... I thought most people would be asleep at that time..." he sighed to himself.

"What's happening?" Plagg asked, crawling out from under the blanket and yawning.

He floated over to the phone to look at it, and busted into laughter when he saw it.

"Hahaha! You're so busted!" Plagg laughed.

"It's not funny! If this is all over the news hawkmoth might see if and try and use my own boyfriend against me. Shit I hope he's arrested before he can even try that, I don't want Luka hurt..." Adrien replied.

He scrolled through the article reading it over and couldn't help but think Alya must be freaking out on the ladyblog right now about this. Luckily the article was mainly just speculation about a relationship and saying there was a kiss spotted. They didn't mention much about sexuality as the journalist must have known it can be a sensitive topic.

"Well... I guess it's out there now. Not that I'd really mind if hawkmoth wasn't a risk. I'll probably have to make a statement next time I run into a news reporter on patrol though..."

Speaking of hawkmoth, had there been any arrests yet? Nathalie would have given her statement by now. Looking up his own case, the search results were flooded with updates about the arrest of his father.

"Finally! God I hope this goes to plan" he said to himself, tapping on the most recent article to read it.

Gabrie Agreste arrested on suspicion of child abuse.

Ever since famous model and son of Gabriel and Emilie Agreste went missing 8 months ago, fingers had been pointed at his father after the ceased computer and phone belonging to the teenager wilded an alarming search history alluding to abuse in the household.

No arrests could be made on merely circumstantial evidence, but an anonymous person in connection to the Agreste family has since come forward with a statement that was cause for suspicion. Police say this person is a trusted source and has had direct contact with the Agrestes for years. They would have come forward sooner if not for it being a dangerous situation.

In the early hours on the morning, 8 months after Adriens disappearance, police arrested his father under suspicion of child abuse, neglect and endangerment. He was taken to the police station and held for questioning where he maintained that he was worried for his son and had nothing to do with the disappearance. He is currently being held in a holding cell until a date is set for a trial, not allowed out on bail due to claims of violent tendencies and the influence he holds to sway a community.

The search for Adrien Agreste still continues. If you have any information that could lead to his whereabouts, contact the police immediately.

Twin sister of Emilie Agreste and her son were present for the arrest having been for a family visit and will remain in the Agreste household until the case progresses. The two claim they were unaware of any wrongdoings toward Adrien.

"I just want my sisters baby home safe. Her loss devastated us, and I don't want to loose her baby as well" said Amalie, twin sister of Emilie.

"We used to be best friends, we used to dress up as each other to try and trick our parents and have basketball competitions in his room. I want to go back to that, wherever Adrien is I hope he's safe" son, Felix states.

Legal proceedings will continue and were on the case as it develops.

Finishing the article, Adrien was a mix of glad and annoyed. It seemed the police were taking Nathalies claims seriously and were looking to lock up Gabriel. That part Adrien was glad for. The annoying part was the lack of any mention of a miraculous meaning they probably didn't find it and Gabriel had hidden it somewhere. Also Felix acting like they didn't have a falling out before he disappeared rubbed Adrien the wrong way.

"Hmm... if they didn't find the miraculous on him when they arrested him or in a search of the house then he must have hidden them some place real tightly hidden" Adrien mumbled to himself.

"Do you think he gave them to Amalie and Felix?" Plagg asked.

"Don't think so, he had a grudge against Felix for stealing the ring after all. And with how much his mum babies him if she had it I'm sure Felix would be able to get to it. He wouldn't have handed it over to them... but if they find where it's hidden then they definitely could get it. I'm not sure if I like that..."

It seems he'd have to re-think this plan. Gabriel wouldn't attack as hawkmoth if he didn't have the miraculous, which was good. But it also means they're hiding somewhere, and could fall into the wrong hands which is bad.

One way or another it'd eventually come out Gabriel was the original hawkmoth even if not right away.

It was Felix Adrien worried about, of all the people in the household that would attempt to find and use the hidden butterfly and peacock, it was him. Maybe Adrien outta give Luka a call after he'd gotten up and done the main goal of today.

Ask Lilith and Delilah about custody.