Chapter 73 | new year, new me

What a year it's been...

Runways, missing persons cases, miraculous drama and romances. And finally it was coming to an end.

There was quite the crowd on Lukas houseboat today. All his friends and family were invited to come on board and sail up the river for New Years to watch the fire works. And it was definitely a busy little party they had.

The band and their classmates, family friends and members all sat aboard under the night sky chatting and warming up after swimming around in the river while the sun was setting. Pizza and soft drinks were lined in the table as dinner and the adults had their little section of alcohol the kids couldn't touch yet.

The clock was almost at midnight, and the year turning over really made something in Adrien stop and think. He sat on one of the chairs by the railing on the boat, looking out at the river and the city lights on the banks as people stayed up for the fire works. The Eiffel Tower he'd once destroyed was lit up and as good as new, and other boats littered the river celebrating as he was.

"Hey, what's got you all quiet?"

He knew that voice anywhere. Sitting down next to him Luka gestured for his boyfriend to move closer. Adrien did one further and sat in his lap, having Luka wrap his arms around him.

"It's just... I can't believe it's all over. I got so used to bad things happening at every turn I'm not used to things being calm" Adrien admitted.

He looked down at his boyfriend, who now had an eyepatch after he and his parents decided it was best to remove the damaged eye so no further complications came up. He'd been out of hospital for a few days now and feeling a lot better.

"It is kind of weird going from such a fast paced life to a normal one. We've both got a lot of getting used to" Luka replied.

"I guess so. By the way, how do you feel?"

"You don't have to keep asking, I'm alright. I'll get used to being half blind, you got used to using crutches so we're both a little damaged but working with it"

"I know, I know. Just making sure. I'm still so mad at Felix for doing that to you"

Luka understood that Adrien would be more affected by Felix than anyone else would. They were family, and close family too until everything happened. It was almost like a betrayal.

"He's locked up now, he and Lila. He's paying for his crimes just like Gabriel. All of them are out of our lives and we have the miraculous. No one can hurt us anymore" Luka reassured.

"I don't understand why they didn't expose us as Cat Noir, Viperion and Ladybug... wouldn't they have done it as a final attempt to defeat us?" Adrien pondered.

"Even if you and Felix are enemies now, you're still in the same family. I think he made Lila keep it quiet and kept it quiet himself for his mum. He was going on about how he wanted to be with his mum in his wish right? He probably kept it so that there's be less press and gossip about the family than there already is for his mothers sake. He's hurt her enough already by just being hawkmoth 2 in the first place"

Luka was probably right, even if Felix had grown cold to everyone, the one person he still loved was his mother. He'd already hurt her enough, he probably didn't want to cause any more damage.

"But hey, let's not think about any of this year anymore. It's almost midnight, we can put everything that happened behind us. Sure we'll need to work through a few things but for the most part we can just throw it away and leave it in the past" Luka assured.

Adrien rested his head on Lukas shoulder and sighed, looking out at the river and the city waiting for the fireworks.

"Yeah... I just want to move on. We only have two years of school left, only a few more as teenagers and we may as well go and have fun and enjoy our youth while we can. We're safe now, we have the time and ability to be regular kids with bonus superpowers now. Just us and the rest of our youth, we may as well enjoy it" Adrien said.