Chapter 43 | night over Paris

"I'm not sure if I like this..."

"What do you mean? Everything is going smoothly so far"

Up on the of the rooftops over Paris, in their hero forms the boys sat. Adrien with his head in Lukas lap, Luka dangling his legs off the side of the roof. It was cold, winter had set in by now. But their suits kept them warm out in the crisp air.

"There haven't been any Akumas in... almost two months now. Even though we have Nathalie as a whistleblower and a plan in place I'm kind of worried about what he's going to do. Clearly he's preparing something" Adrien sighed.

"Even if he pulls out something bad, we do have backup plans remember? We'll get him even if it takes one hell of a fight" Luka replied, playing with his boyfriends hair.

"I know it's just... I don't want there to be any serious damage. The lucky charm reset only fixes so much. If someone gets hurt or something it might not reset after the fight"

"Your stressing yourself out, we've planned ten steps ahead of Gabriel. We have the upper hand now, it's just a matter of waiting really"

Luka was right, he always was. Adrien never understood how he was always so good at comforting and talking through things. One of the many qualities he loved about his boyfriend.

"The real question is... what about you?" Luka asked.

"What about me?"

"When he's caught. Will you come back and solve your own case since you'd be able to live safely? You could probably get Lilith and Delilah to gain custody of you, since there's no way you'd be allowed with anyone else in the family after what your dad did. Or would you rather stay missing and forge a whole new life?"

He'd through about this a lot in his time as a missing person. While he did want a new life, he didn't want to make his friends more worried than they already were by staying missing. Plus, he did want the world to know about how horrible his father was and the only way he could do that would be coming back and telling his story. He did have a bit of a solution but he wasn't sure how well it'd go.

"Well... I want to come back so I don't have to keep hiding from all my friends. I want to be out to the world and not have to hide you. But I don't think I could go back to the model life, not after the shit Gabriel did. Maybe I can come back, make my statement and quit modelling. Lilith and Delilah can have custody of me, I can go back to school and back to the friend group... and when I graduate I can do some other job that isn't modelling" Adrien explained.

"That does sound good, you'd just have to hope your fame doesn't get in the way. Even if you quit modelling you're still crazy famous, especially if you end up a returned missing person" Luka replied.

"That's my only worry really, but if I keep quiet after my return and have law enforcement help with keeping me, Lilith and Delilahs personal lives private then it should be fine right?"

It was probably the best solution for Adrien and his well-being after a situation as wild as this one. It was approaching a year as a missing person, 8 months missing... in only 4 months it'd be the one year anniversary of his disappearance. If it weren't for the evidence showing he was probably alive, he would have been pronounced dead by now.

"What exactly do you wanna be when you graduate. I mean when we were at the jobs fair you didn't seem to know" Luka asked.

"I thought about that a lot when I left as well. Honestly I'm not sure still, we're still young after all. All I know is it's not a model. Maybe if kitty section gets big we can both be musicians? Or I can start an organisation to help kids in my situation? Maybe I can become a psychologist? I mean after all that happened I did kind of end up looking to psychology to fix my OWN issues"

Luka was glad that at least now he had options. Back at the jobs fair he was totally lost, but now he seemed to have at least some ideas as to what he wanted to he. But like he said, he was young. Only 15, he had time to decide and change his mind, find his true calling and such.

"Whatever you end up being you know I'll always support you" he said.

"And I'll always support you and your future instrument making ventures" Adrien replied.

The night was quiet, their patrols had been more like dates and hangouts with ladybug recently. With the lack of akumas, all they were really doing was wandering around Paris, helping a few cats stuck in trees and such... They wanted it to be like this all the time, hopefully after they fixed the hawkmoth issue things would go back to being like this.

There was that one time, time tagger mentioned the 'hawkmoth of the future' and that it wasn't Gabriel. So there was always the risk that someone in the future ended up the next big villain. But if their plan went they way they wanted then they could stop that timeline from even happening in the first place.

Sitting up, Adrien stretched out his limbs and looked down at the city.

"Man there's really nothing to do tonight huh?" He said, examining the absolutely normal and boring nightlife on the streets below.

"Yep, nothing to do when hawkmoth is taking a break. Although it's probably better for the city this way" Luka replied.

"Well since there's clearly no trouble tonight, wanna go home and watch a movie?"

"Only if I get to pick"

"Deal"

With that the heroes got up and took a moment to stretch out after sitting around so long.

"Hey kitty" Luka spoke.

"Yeah?"

Placing a kiss on his lips, Adrien was slightly caught off guard by the sudden gesture. Not that he was complaining.

"I'll race you there" Luka teased, turning on his feet and rushing off in the direction of Adriens apartment.

And then Adrien realised what just happened.

"Wh- HEY! You did that to distract me and get a head start!"