Together We're Safe

Ding!

The lift stops on the 4th floor and my nerves begin to start acting up.

"Let's go babe" I say jokingly walking out of the lift, Laura follows behind me as we head for the room.

"You realise we underestimated this hotel, each floor has 100 rooms... that's insane" we both laugh at the fact of how many rooms are.

But once we get to our room number, I almost collapse in fit of laughter.

"What's up?" I point to the door number for a moment and Laur catches on!

"That guy did that on purpose, don't you think?" I stand up wiped the small tear that fell from my eye.

"Most definitely" I tap the card against the door and it beeps allowing us to enter.

"Here we gooo, our temp home for a bit" we walk inside and drop our luggage when we see it.

"Well... um, we did say we might end up cuddling for heat!" I nod, pursing my eyes together. There was a king size bed sitting  right in the middle of the room.

"Should we keep the heating off just to keep that saying alive? Or do we wanna separate the bed into 2's?" Laura shakes her head, her first time disagreeing with me.

"You know something, I don't mind if we do cuddle. We're with each other, and we only have each other. More than likely gonna happen!" I chuckle at her response.

"Good point, wanna get settled and find something for us to watch, I'll fetch us some food and drink?" She nods looking around, a smile clear across her face.

"I'm not dismissing the smile but what's it for?" She sits down on her chosen side of the bed and begins to unzip her backpack.

"I'm starting a new chapter with my best friend. What could be better than that?" I nod, agreeing.

-> an hour later

Doesn't even feel like an hour later but I've got 3-4 bags full of groceries in my hand and I just about handle getting inside the room.

"Dude, give me a little hand please" her eyes widen in shock.

"Jesus Ross. Did you buy the whole shop?" I scoff.

"I wish, maybe one day darlin'" she looked at me for a moment with serious eyes but let it slide.

Is it bad I liked calling her cute and sweet nicknames.

"Anyway, help me put whatever we have away" she nodding grabbing the refrigerator stuff and organising all that. I did the same with microwave meals for those days we don't want to go out.

"Are you hungry Laur?" Stretching her short arms, she shakes her head in a response of no.

"Neither am I, should we just try and get some rest?" She nods.

"Yes, we should but I'm gonna take a shower. Then I'll be settling down for the night!" I nod getting my wash bag out too.

"That's fine. You have a shower first then I'll go in after you!" She nods grabbing the guest towel and head into the en-suit. I walk towards the window to close the blinds for the night - when something catches my eye. I feel relief wash over me at the same time!

"I can't believe it" I chuckle to myself not believing in my own luck at this point.

"What can't you believe?" Laur asks out of nowhere startling me.

"My car, it's within perfect view" I hear Laura giggle before the door shut meaning she's gone in for her shower.

I decide to rest whilst I wait for her. I get my laptop out and connect to the wifi, connecting to the internet, I Google search local renting companies in the area and I think I find it.

Tapping onto the website, I see there's some available properties. The prices are mehish decent. But I'm not a massive fan of any of them.

There's one that is a 2-bed studio apartment, one bathroom, living room and kitchen. Even a utility room.

There's another that's similar but has a veranda as an added bonus.

There's the worst one to me. A 2 bedroom apartment with only a kitchen and bathroom but nothing else. The price may be cheap but god damn, doesn't seem worth it.

"What you looking up?" I'm snapped back to reality when Laur catches my attention. How long was I looking at apartments for...?

"Looking at different apartments, there's 3, 1 I don't like for sure. The other 2 are nicer looking, one has a veranda as an added bonus"

"Ohh, I love the sound of a veranda" I don't even think she wants to see this place, but I already know what I'm going to do!

"Okay, I'll set up an appointment to view it?" She smiles nodding, with the towel wrapped around small petite body, she sits down and grabs her own laptop.

"What you going to look up?" I ask whilst grabbing my guest towel and heading for the shower.

"I'm gonna look for local available jobs! I wanna pay my way with you, I don't want you to be paying for everything" I roll my eyes at her for attempting to think I would mind doing that in the first place but these days it's like frowned upon so...

"Okay, but only apply if you want to work there wherever you apply!" She nods blowing me a kiss. I pretend to catch it when I'm in my mind, I'd walk to her and smash our lips together and tell her I'm so proud of her.

"See you soon, don't miss me too much" she giggles but I know she will. It'll be nice to shower without having to worry bout my drunk ass Dad trying thrash his way through the door to throw up into the toilet. That's what I had to deal with on a nightly basis sometimes.

Turning the heat up on water, I like the water HOT, I get myself all washed and clean, double shampooing my hair because it deserves the attention I've no been able to give it.

Once I was all clean and better, I reached out for the towel hanging near the shower cubical door and wrap it around my dripping wet body.

Grabbing a smaller towel, I tussle it over my hair, giving a quick towel dry - but grabbed the hairdryer lying next to the mirror and turn it on.

"You almost done in there?" I hear Laur shout from the other side of the door. I chuckle letting the rest of my hair dry on it's own.

"Just coming" I turn the hair dryer off and grab my wash bag, leaving the bathroom behind me.

"That felt so good, the shower was so hot and refreshing" Laur smiles and pats the bed next to her - I take a seat and realise I'm still in a towel.

"Close your eyes for a minute dude, gotta get boxers on" Laur chuckles at my comment, not closing her eyes.

"Dude, just get dressed I'm not looking at you" I scoff, getting up again and grabbing clothes and vastly put them on it and put the all the towels from both of us into the wash basket.

"Right Laura, let's get some sleep. We'll stuff out tomorrow okay?" She nods agreeing with me and settles into the covers for the night.

I laid down in the covers, enjoying the warmth that creeped up my body.

"Night Laura"

"Night Ross" I then closed my eyes and like that - I was out.