Chapter 19

Lyla

The next three days pass quickly between classes, homework and track practice. It's already Thursday night and I am so happy Megan agreed to come to Shawn's game with me tonight. Shawn and I have been texting every day and even had lunch together yesterday. He's going to pick us up on his way to the arena to give us a lift and our tickets to the game. I meet Megan in our room and she's almost as excited for the game as I am. We get ready together and she helps me with my makeup, applying more then I normally would but I have to admit I look amazing when I look in the mirror. I dress in a pair on black skinny jeans with black heeled ankle boots then a grey Oakridge Lion's hoodie to show my support. Shawn sends me a text at six thirty letting me know he's on his way over. Megan and I decide to meet him down in the parking lot and grab our purses before leaving our room. We are just walking up to the parking lot when I see Shawn's car pull in. He parks and hops out quickly.

"I was going to walk up and get you ladies, you didn't need to wait down here for me," he says as he walks around the car towards us.

"It's no problem," I explain to him smiling sweetly. "We were ready to go anyway and it's nice weather out." Shawn stands in front of me now and I watch his eyes travel up and down my body before he looks back into my eyes.

"You look amazing," he breathes out.

"Thank you," I say as reach out for him and we embrace and he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Don't worry, I know I look good too," Megan says confidently as Shawn and I separate and both chuckle at her. Shawn moves and opens the passenger doors for both of us as we climb in. On our drive to the arena, Shawn holds my hand and they rest intertwined in my lap. We all chat along the drive about Megan and I's lack of knowledge of the game of hockey. Shawn rolls his eyes playfully at our ignorance to the game he loves. He tries to explain some of the rules to us and I smile sweetly at him. When we arrive, Shawn races around to open our doors for us.

"Is he always like this?" Megan asks amused as she chuckles. I nod and smile back to her. Shawn hands us our tickets as we walk in the front door. He explains what sections to try and sit in if we can find empty seats. He also gives us two free drink tickets each that we can use at the bar in the lobby. Megan does a little celebratory chant in response to this and Shawn raises his eyebrow at her as I chuckle. Before he leaves us to head downstairs and get ready, he leans in and give me a quick kiss on the lips and winks.

"For good luck," he explains and then takes off. Megan hooks her arm through mine and we start towards the rink entry, handing over our tickets and then entering the arena. We are early since we came with Shawn so there's still about an hour until the game starts. We decide to go get a drink at the bar with our tickets. When we enter the bar I notice there's a different bartender working tonight, a middle aged woman, so no Joe tonight. She takes our order of two beers and we hand over one ticket each as she pours our drinks. We find a table in the corner to sit down at. We start to chat about our classes, already familiar with each other's course loads. Megan is in school to become a teacher. She goes on a tangent about her math professor who she swears is out to get her because she doesn't want to sleep with him like the rest of her classmates.

"So, that boy has got puppy dog eyes for you. He would walk right off a cliff without knowing it because he's too busy starring at you," Megan teases me as she changes the subject and I take a sip of my beer. I roll my eyes playfully at her as I shake my head back and forth. "Have you slept with him yet?"

"No," I reply shyly with a small smirk.

"You're kidding me! I wouldn't have guessed that, he was pretty much undressing you with his eyes the moment he got out of his car tonight."