Chapter 20

Shawn

"There are a couple in the top right drawer of the bathroom vanity," I tell her as she winks in response and exits the room. I let out a deep sigh and readjust my boxers. What a fucking night. I shake my head in disbelief that the past few hours have actually happened and grin at the fresh memories. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it will all have been some wonderfully tortuous dream. But, I've already had dreams about her, every night since we met pretty much, and none of them have come close to the real deal. It has been awhile since I have had sex, but I don't remember it ever being like this. I felt like I was going to explode the moment I saw her in that red bra. Hell, I'm even surprised I made it upstairs with her, the thought had crossed my mind to take her on the kitchen counter downstairs, but I didn't want Danielle or Kyle walking in on us.

An image of her laying underneath me as I moved in and out of her pops into my mind and I can't imagine a sexier sight. I haven't slept with anyone since Erica so it has been about nine months. I had lost my virginity when I was sixteen to one of my buddies older sisters. She had been at one of our hockey party's and the whole thing was rushed and over within a few minutes. We hooked up a few more times after that, each time building up my stamina a bit more. Then a few other girls from one night stands until I met Erica my freshman year. Erica had been different then the random hookups as she was Danielle's really good friend from class and I first met her at our house. My first thought was that she was hot to be honest.

Over time, she was at the house more and more until practically I saw her every day. Danielle had been the one to suggest that I ask her out. I hadn't ever really dated anyone before, but the idea of going out with Erica did excite me. I asked her out and she accepted. From that first date on we were together every day. The sex was great and I do remember finding it a new experience to build an emotional connection on top of the physical one as it added a whole new dimension to it. We were practically living together with her staying over most nights. Then she was bringing clothes over to leave behind and toiletries. The next year and a bit I fell in love for the first time and didn't hold back. After the breakup, I threw everything she left in the house into a box and gave it Danielle to return to her.

My thoughts are interrupted by Lyla strolling back into the room. She grins at me as she climbs into bed bedside me and slides under the covers where I join her. She snuggles up right next to me and places a soft kiss on my cheek. I turn and kiss her, tasting the mint toothpaste on her lips. I pull away and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and when I return I crawl back under the covers with her and pull her in close to me.

"What time do you have class in the morning?" I ask her as I hold my phone in my hand ready to set an alarm.

"Eleven is my first class," she responds sleepily, her eyes already closed. She's so damn adorable. I set an alarm for nine thirty giving us about 8 hours of sleep as the clock shows it's just after one. I shut the lamp off on my side table and wrap my arms around Lyla as she rests her head on my chest.

"Goodnight boyfriend," Lyla whispers to me through the dark. I chuckle softly at her use of my new title.

"Goodnight girlfriend," I whisper back and grin at the pleasure the word fills me with being able to call her mine. I'm sure that I fall asleep with a grin still plastered to my face.

I stir awake and squint my eyes open. I look down to see Lyla is lying beside me on her side facing me. She's still asleep and she looks so peaceful, similar to the first night she slept in my bed after that damn frat party. I reach for my phone and see it's just after nine and I am surprised with myself for waking up before my alarm. I cancel my alarm as I decide to get up now. I slide carefully out of the bed trying not to wake her, she stirs for a moment but her eyes remain closed and I quietly move out of the room. I make a pit stop in the washroom before heading downstairs to the kitchen. When I enter the kitchen I find both Danielle and Kyle sitting at the island. Danielle glances up from her phone as I enter.