Chapter 42

Shawn

I watch Lyla as her head tilts back and she laughs hysterically at a comment Rachel has made. All three girls go into a fit of laughter. I smile watching her, feeling mesmerized. She is definitely in her element. Her face lit up as soon as we walked into the bar earlier and she saw her friends waiting at a table. I watch as she starts to tell a story back from when they were in high school. She's so captivating as she speaks, using her hands to help emphasize important parts. She glances over at me out of the side of her eye as she tells the story. She sees me watching her and her cheeks flush a light shade of pink. Her friends join in here and there adding in their own little parts to the story from what they remember as well. We've already been here over two hours and I don't think they've missed a beat in conversation.

I watch as a group of five guys enter the bar and make their way passed our table. They all turn to check out each girl. I can't blame them for looking, all three ladies are beautiful and dressed up for the night out with hair and makeup done. The two last guys in the line nudge each other as their eyes linger a little longer on Lyla then the first three. I stop myself from rising from the table and instead just reach my hand out and rest it on her thigh, squeezing it lightly. She turns to me, offering a sweet smile before turning back to her friends and continuing her story. She is completely unaware of the attention she is receiving. The guys are long gone now and disappear somewhere into the bar.

I get asked a few questions every so often by both Rachel and Paige. Lyla scolds them when they ask about our sex life and if I'm being attentive to Lyla. I chuckle to myself and can feel my face turning a bright shade of red to match Lyla dress. I don't have to answer though because Lyla does for me, ensuring them both that I'm very attentive. The girls share three bottles of wine by the time midnight rolls around and they start to say their goodbyes. I get hugs from both girls as we all pause outside the bar before going our separate ways. Lyla skips along the sidewalk as she holds my hand and we make our way to my car. I laugh at her giddiness from the wine and from seeing her friends.

On the drive home, she's very touchy in the car, reaching into my lap and leaning across the console to kiss along my neck and nibble at my ear. I manage to somehow stay on the road and make it back to her house. I remind her to be quiet as we walk up to the house and she winks at me in response. She drags me to the kitchen first and says she needs some water and a snack. She digs through the cupboards until she pulls out a bag of chips is ecstatic as she opens the bag and starts to munch on them.

Then, she drags me into the living room where she clumsily turns the Christmas tree lights on and demands that I sit with her on the floor in front of the tree. I happily oblige and she takes a seat between my legs, her back leaning into my chest as we look up at the tree. Her hands are running up and down my thighs which is torture enough, but then I feel her hand slide between us and start to palm me through the front of my pants. With whatever willpower I can summon I gently grab her wrist and pull her hand away from the area. She turns and faces me, pouting her lip. She tries to reach again for me and I scoot back on the floor then stand up, offering my hands out to her and help pull her up from the floor.

"We need to get you to bed," I tell her. She smiles drunkenly at me and I sweep her up into my arms. She squeals and I shush her, hoping the noise didn't wake her parents. When I reach her room I carry her inside and lay her down on her bed. I move over to her suitcase to grab her something to change into to sleep in. I find another one of my shirts inside and smirk as I pull it out. She's already managed to get her dress off and I hold the t-shirt out and help her slide it over her head. She grabs my hands once it's on and pulls me towards her on the bed and I pull back, willing myself to resist her unlike last night. I know full well she won't be able to keep quiet with the alcohol running through her veins tonight.