Chapter 21

Lyla

I wake up in Shawn's bed, my surroundings becoming more and more familiar to me. I have a small headache but I feel decent otherwise. I roll over and find a sleeping Shawn next to me in bed. He's on his side facing me. He looks so content that I just lay there and watch him for a few minutes not wanting to disturb him. I roll back over to the bedside table where I find a glass of water and my purse. I carefully sit up in the bed and drink some water then grab my phone and check the time.

It's nine o'clock and I have a message from my mom from about half an hour ago just asking how school is going. I quickly reply back a generic response knowing it will please her. I slide out of bed and find myself still in the blue dress I wore out last night. I shake my head remembering the argument with Shawn last night. All in all, it ended well and we were able to talk things out. I am actually pretty proud of us both for discussing it out. I grab a pair of shorts and a shirt from his dresser and change quickly before I quietly make my way to the bathroom.

I find the toothbrush I used last time in the toothbrush holder along with Shawn's and I smile at the gesture that he added it there for me. I brush my teeth and use the toilet before I wash my hands and face then head back to Shawn's room. When I walk in, Shawn is slowly sitting up in the bed with the covers sitting at his waist, his bare chest showing. I still gawk at the sight even though I've seen it multiple times now and even had the pleasure of touching it. He must hear my footsteps because his head snaps up and his eyes meet mine as he looks relieved.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, confused by his expression.

"I thought you might have left," he admits embarrassed as he hangs his head. I jump down onto the bed beside him and climb onto his lap straddling him as he raises his eyebrows amused.

"Nope, you're stuck with me," I joke as I stick out my tongue at him.

"I could get used to this," he whispers to me as he grabs the back of my head and pulls me towards him for a kiss. We are soon in a heated make out session and I can feel him pressing up against me through his boxers, hard and ready. I reach down into his boxer and wrap my hand around him as he moans into my lips. I love that sound. I want to hear it over and over again. Feeling confident, I position myself over him and use my hand to free him from his boxers and I slide down onto him, feeling him fill me. I pull back and watch Shawn's eyes flash wide open, he probably didn't realize I wasn't wearing any underwear under his t-shirt. He feels amazing as I cover him completely. His hands are on my hips digging in deeper as I fully connect with him and have all of him inside of me. His fingers sting my skin and I know I'll have marks on my hips later, but the thought only encourages me to move again and I start to lift myself back off of him and lower myself again.

"Fuck Lyla, you feel so good," Shawn groans out. "You're so tight," he comments and I start to move faster as his grip on my hips tightens more and he helps lift and lower me onto him.

"I love feeling you inside of me," I pant out as I keep moving and run my fingers through his hair gripping and pulling at it lightly as I watch him bite his bottom lip. My legs are burning, but I don't dare to stop my movements, it feels too good. I watch him underneath me, loving the feeling of being in control, getting to set the pace, and choosing whether to tease him or not. I can't believe how connected I feel to him already.

"I'm close," Shawn mumbles out in between breaths and I nod in response as I lock eyes with him and push myself to move even faster. I feel his fingernails dig into my hips as his body jerks and his eyes clench closed. I lean into him crashing my lips into his as he finishes. We stay like this as I rest my forehead against his until he finally speaks again.

"Sorry," he breathes out and I give him a questioning look. "I got caught up and didn't manage to..." He trails off gesturing down to where our bodies are still connected and I realize what he's trying to refer to.

"Oh," I respond, "that's alright, like I said I'm on the pill. I honestly don't expect you to pull out every time. With my last boyfriend he never did so-"

"Okay," he grumbles out cutting me off and I can tell he's annoyed by me bringing up the subject of my ex. I mentally smack myself as I realize how absurd I am to bring up my ex while Shawn is still inside of me. I feel myself blushing as I offer him a small shy smile. We separate and I head to the bathroom to clean myself. When I return to the bedroom, Shawn is getting dressed. He sweetly already set out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie for me on the bed and I get dressed into them. They smell like him and the scent sets me at ease.

"What's your plan for today?" I ask him.

"Well I've got to head to the arena for three thirty to pack up my gear and load it onto the bus before we leave at four. Before that probably just hang out and have a good lunch to fuel up," he answers. "How about you?"

"I've got a couple of assignments I have been procrastinating starting all week that I want to work on. Then Megan wants to go to that party tonight, the one that Danielle had mentioned yesterday. So I'll probably go with her to that later tonight. You won't be back until late?" I ask wanting to clarify when he'll be back in town tonight. I want him to come to the party with me selfishly, but I also think it'll be good for both of us to have a night apart.

"Yeah it's a two hour drive and the game probably won't be over until about 10. So, by the time the bus is loaded back up and we hit the road I'll probably be back in town around one or one thirty," he responds as he finishes getting dressed. I grab my phone to check the time again and see that it's just past ten.

"Can you give me a lift back to dorms whenever you're ready please?" I ask him even though I want to stay here with him until he has to leave, but I know the mountain of assignments waiting for me in my room needs to be started. I make a silent pledge to myself to actually work on assignments throughout the week instead of waiting until last minute so I am stuck with hours upon hours of work to do on the weekends.

"Of course," he replies with a sweet smile. "We can go now, just let me run to the washroom quickly." He walks out of the room and I gather my dress and stuff it into my purse by the time he returns from the washroom. "Ready?" He asks me and I nod in response as I follow him out of the room and down the stairs. Of course I wore heels out last night but they don't really go with today's outfit of baggy sweatpants and a hoodie. I gather them in my hand and just go barefoot as we walk outside and get into the car. As soon as Shawn gets in the car I reach across to hold his hand, pulling it into my lap. He looks over at me and smirks at the gesture before he pulls onto the road.

We talk about the team he's playing tonight on the drive and how good they are. Shawn explains to me that last season this team beat them in the semi-finals of playoffs. We arrive at the dorms and Shawn insists on walking me up to my room. He holds my hand as we walk and when I start to tiptoe on the gravel path in front of the building because I'm barefoot, he tells me to get on his back. I resist but he doesn't take no for an answer. Next thing I know he's piggy backing me up the steps and into my dorm. He refuses to put me down inside the building and holds on tightly to my legs as he struts up the stairs effortlessly. I giggle at him as he stops in front of my door finally allowing me to slide down to the ground.

"You're going to run out of clothes soon if I keep stealing them," I joke to him as I pull at the bottom hem of his hoodie I'm wearing.

"I'm not complaining," he responds.

"Good luck in your game tonight," I tell him as I pull him into a hug.

"Thanks," he says as he leans down and kisses the top of my head then rests his chin there. "Have fun with your assignments. Also, please be careful at the party tonight. Stick with Megan and text me if you need anything. I'll be back by one thirty at the latest so if you need a ride or anything just let me know." He stresses sweetly and I melt a little hearing how concerned for me he is.

"I'll be careful, promise," I reply to him as I look up into those damn green eyes. I stand up on my tiptoes and we kiss goodbye before I head into my dorm and straight to my room as I start in on my first assignment.