Chapter 49

Lyla

A few days have passed and it's New Year's Eve. The past couple of days have been better for me as I move farther from that dreadful night. Shawn still insists on being my bodyguard everywhere I go for the most part. I appreciate the gesture but I know I need to get back to doing things on my own. I can't become too dependent on him being there all the time. Shawn's game the other night went well, they won. Though he was upset that he played 'like shit' in his words, but I hadn't noticed. My parents sat with me for the game and then we all went for dinner afterwards. My dad talked the most I'd heard him talk in years with Shawn. They spoke about the game and other hockey stuff so I ended up tuning them out. I was glad to see them finally bonding though, it warmed my heart to see Shawn converse excitedly with my dad.

I'm currently in the shower getting ready for the night. Shawn only told me that he has a surprise for me and planned a fun night for us. I had honestly just planned on staying in with him at the house and watching the countdown on TV together, but his surprise has me excited. I run through different ideas of what we might be doing; dinner, movie, bar. Everywhere will be busy tonight no doubt about it.

Shawn calls my name from outside the washroom, prompting me to hurry up a bit as I realize I completely zoned out. I finish rinsing my hair then step out of the shower. I eye my bruises in the mirror and grimace. They're still getting more discolored as the days pass. Luckily, my jaw bruising is fairly faint now and with a bit of cover-up it's unnoticeable.

I quickly do my hair, curling it into loose curls and then apply makeup before I return to Shawn's room and stop in my tracks when I see him. He turns around to face me from where he's standing in front of his dresser and he's wearing his blue suit again that I love so much. He has a black dress shirt underneath, no tie. The suit fits him so well and I swallow, trying to not get myself too excited but it's pretty pointless with this boy. He smirks at me, obviously noticing me ogling him and I feel myself blush.

"What should I wear?" I ask him as I strut over to my suitcase.

"Something semi-formal," he replies sweetly. I pull out a black dress from my suitcase. I have never worn it in front of him yet, it's actually only a few weeks old. I bought it out with Megan shopping one day before break. It's strapless and form fitting throughout, there is a small slit on the left thigh and the hem sits about mid-thigh. I step into it and reach around back for the zipper doing my best to try and pull it up but struggling. I hear Shawn chuckle from behind me.

"Let me help you," he says and I feel his hands move mine off the zipper and then the dress forms around me as he slides the zipper all the way up.

"Thanks," I say as I turn to face him. I watch as his eyes take their time skimming down my body and all the way back up again. I can tell he approves of the dress as he stares down at my body, licking his lips. When his eyes finally meet mine again, they're lit with a fire that's reserved for the bedroom. He pulls me into his arms and groans loudly and obnoxiously, I giggle at him.

"You're killing me woman," he groans out but smiles down playfully at me. "If we didn't have a timeline to meet you'd be bent over my bed right now." I can tell by his tone that he's dead serious and I blush at his words, picturing the image in my mind and finding myself getting turned on again.

"We better go then," I tell him as I grab his hand and start to drag him out the door. I stop and grab a pair of black heels as we leave his bedroom. We start driving out of town and every time I ask him where we are going he denies to give me any hints and tells me to be patient. I even try to bribe him with a blow job. I think I almost have him as he shifts in his seat and glances across the car at me, but he smugly tells me to save it for later. About twenty minutes later we are driving downtown at the next town over. He pulls of the main road and we wind down a long driveway and pull up in front of a large mansion.