Chapter 4:

"Is this all of them?" One asks.

Seven shakes his head. "No, sir. At least a third of the sixteen year old population in Los Angeles is not coming."

One's face clouds over. "We cannot start on anything unless they are all here."

Six nods. "And we are working on it. Tomorrow, each of us will go to a student's home and talk to their parents. They'll be here in no time."

"And if they still don't come?"

"We take them," Four says simply. "The worst thing they can do is call the cops-which we own."

One smiles at her. "See, Four. This is exactly why you are my favorite."

She shrugs, suppressing a smile.

One's smile fades. "Get these kids here now," he says darkly. "Do whatever it takes."

They all nod. "Yes, sir."

Five stays behind.

"Is something wrong?"

She flinches at the harsh sound of One's voice. "I just don't think we should take these kids from their parents," she says.

He looks at her for a moment. "You know what I like about you?"

She looks away. "No, sir."

"I like the way you express yourself," he tells her, brushing a cold finger through her cheek. But then he wraps his hand around her throat. "That same thing I like about you can be the one thing that takes your life."

She glares into his eyes. "You don't have to threaten me," she tells him. "I am always on your side. Even if you do things for the fun of it."

He laughs bitterly. "You better watch that mouth of yours. These kids come here whether you want them to or not."

She nods, defeated. "Yes, sir."

His smile widens, making Five go rigid. "Very well, then," he says darkly. "You may leave."

She walks away, not bothering to look back.

One's gaze darkens. "I need those kids," he mutters angrily.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

DO YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON BETWEEN ONE AND FIVE? OR ONE AND FOUR?

I HAVE NOT PROOFREAD YET SO I DO NOT KNOW IF I LEFT ANY MISTAKES. BUT YOU CAN POINT THEM OUT ANY TIME YOU WOULD LIKE.

THANKS FOR READING!!!!

PLEASE COMMENT :)