Chapter 24: Daniel

Lunch was quiet. No one in the cafeteria was saying anything. I guess Lissa finding out that Five was married to One got everyone thinking.

Honestly, I never would've guessed it. I'm not clueless or anything. I just don't notice those kind of things. It's not too important that our leaders chose to elope. At least I don't think it is.

We were silently eating our food when all the leaders approach our table, each with a gun in their hands, all except for Five. She's never threatened anyone, I noticed. She'd always standing near the back with a guilty expression on her face. Though that does absolutely no justice, seeing as though she's doing nothing to stop this madness.

"Stand up," Seven barks at Lissa.

She lets out a shaky breath before nodding. "Okay."

Macy looks at me with wide eyes. I can tell she's about to start hyperventilating or something. I manage to give her a reassuring smile.

"What's going on?" Peter asks, trying to control his temper.

One smirks at her. "You are hiding something, aren't you? I suggest you tell us what it is before we eliminate you from The Test completely. And you won't like what happens when you're Failed."

Lissa frowns slightly. "Well, what exactly am I hiding?" she asks, with sincere curiosity.

Seven looks down at Macy and makes her stand up as well. "Repeat what you told us," he says harshly.

We all look at her. "What?" Diana and Peter say at the same time. I just stare at her. Lissa glares at her, obviously getting mad.

"The phone," Macy says quietly. "She's hiding a phone in her room."

"You son of a---" Peter starts but gets cut off when Lissa stops him.

Lissa looks at her. "Please tell me you did not do what I think you just did."

Macy's eyes water a little. "I had to, Lissa. I don't want to have to Fail because of you. Phones aren't allowed do I told them about it."

So that's how they found out this morning, I think to myself. Macy had sold us out.

Before we know what's happening, guards takes Lissa by her arms and start dragging her out of the room.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Macy asks. "You said you wouldn't hurt her."

Seven looks down at her. "I suggest you back away. You are not useful to us anymore."

They all leave, obviously with Lissa.

My heart is beating so fast right now, I'm afraid I'll have some kind of a heart attack. "What the crap was that?" I seethe at her.

She flinches a little at my harsh tone, her eyes watering. "She's constantly putting us in danger, Daniel. The fact that they already knew her when we got here should be enough of a warning. We can't afford her risking our lives again," she explains.

Honestly, I don't care what she has to say. She's a traitor. If Lissa is hurt by the time we find her, assuming that they---excluding Macy--- will help me try to find her, I am going to kill someone.

"You traitor," Diana whispers, tears running down her cheek. "And to think she actually saved your life."

"She did not save my life," Macy says, her voice shaky. "She pushed me. I could've died then, too."

Peter glares at her. "You hypocrite. You almost killed her too. Aren't you the one who said you didn't want anything to happen to the rest of the group? How dare you go behind our backs and do something like this?"