Epilogue - Part 2

My heart breaks as I stare at her face. She looks like she's in so much pain. And there's nothing I can do about it. I wish there was something I could do. At least we found her before she could actually die. At least she's okay now.

"Excuse me, sir," my secretary says, walking in the room.

"Yes," I say, turning to face her.

"There has been evidence that the kids are still out there. We just don't really know where."

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "Did you find my family?"

Thankfully, she nods. "They are being cared for right now as we speak. And they would like to see you."

As if on cue, the door opens and two of my favorite people walk in. Joshua gives me a sheepish look. "Sorry. They couldn't wait."

But I wasn't listening to him. My gaze was focused on the beautiful woman standing in front of me. And my eighteen year old son.

"Dad?" Sam asks, his voice coming out as a whisper.

I slowly walk up to them. Alice looks at me with tears in the corners of her eyes. I pull her in and she lets out a choked sob. I take Sam's hand and pull him in as well. We all stand there crying for a long while.

I did what I had to do. If I stayed with my family, they'd be in danger. It had to be done.

After we finished crying, we all move over to where the lifeless body is laying.

"Will she be okay?" Alice asks.

I nod. "It will be a while before she wakes up. But I think she'll be fine."

Sam takes a chair from across the room and sits down. "How bad is it?"

I gently lift up her shirt so they can the wrap in which the nurses had put on her abdomen. "Pretty bad. I'm guessing she passed out from loss of blood. But it didn't kill her."

Alice looks at me but doesn't say anything. I try to read her expression but can't seem to decipher it.

I have a lot of explaining to do. But now I have to focus on stopping these people. The ones who hurt this girl that lays among me.

The ones who tried to hurt my daughter.

HEY!!! DID YOU GUESS WHO'S POV IT WAS IN??

I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT. ALL THROUGHOUT THE BOOK, YOU THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD.

IF YOU GUESSED LISSA'S FATHER THEN CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU ARE CORRECT.

SO ANYWAYS, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE TEST. I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING!! IT MEANS SO MUCH!!!

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SEQUEL!! I'LL POST SOME MORE CHAPTERS NOW THAT THIS BOOK IS FINALLY OVER.

**CRIES BECAUSE THE FIRST BOOK IS OVER***

ANYWAYS, PLEASE COMMENT. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!