Chapter 22: Daniel

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END!! JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW IN CASE YOU JUST SKIP THROUGH THE AUTHORS NOTES.
----------------------------------------
I gently shake Lissa awake. She mumbles under her breath but doesn't wake up.

"Baby, wake up," I say softly. "It's almost lunch time. You've been sleeping since yesterday."

Her eyes flutter open and I smile. She's so beautiful. Her hair was flat against her face and there's a little drool on her cheek, but she was still perfect. "Good morning."

She rubs the sleep from her eyes but doesn't move to get up.

I place a kiss on her forehead, then her nose, then her lips. She groans after I pull away and sits up. "How long has it been?"

I look at the clock. "Since yesterday."

She sighs. "How's Macy?"

I take a seat beside her and put my arm around her shoulder. "She's upset. And she doesn't want you to hate her."

"Is she still crying?"

"No," I says softly. "But she's still really sad."

She sighs. "I guess I should apologize?"

"Do you want to go now?" I ask her. Because I know how she is. If I answer, she'll think I'm controlling her. If I don't answer, I'm suddenly the worst person ever. So I answer her question with a question.

She sighs. "I guess I should. But she wanted to give up. How in the world are we supposed to get out of here if she's willing to let everything go? We could've died in there. We had seconds left to get out of there, Daniel. And her way of fixing things was by giving up. I understand I shouldn't have yelled at her but she really messed up."

I nod. Because I know what she's saying. I know what it feels like for someone to just give on you when you're so close to getting done. Well, slightly. I mean, I'm talking about a science project. My partner bailed on me last minute making us get a failing grade. It's kind of different than what Lissa is talking about but it's the closest thing I have to know what she's feeling.

She gives me a small smile. "You're thinking about your science project, aren't you?"

I laugh out loud. "That was a very traumatic moment for me."

She laughs along with me, smacking me in the arm. "I thought you were trying to help me, Daniel."

I kiss her lips. "I think you know what you have to do."

She sighs. "You're right."

So I take her hand and we make our way over to Peter's room. Diana and Peter were sitting on each side of Macy, who's eyes were red and puffy from crying. They all look up when they see us.

Diana smiles. "Hey, Lissa. How's your leg?"

Lissa shrugs lightly. "It's not bleeding anymore. I'll live."

Peter snorts. "What a joy," he says teasingly.

Lissa rolls her eyes. "So glad to know you'll miss me," she says, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

He laughs. "I'm only joking."

Macy stands up after a while and looks at Lissa. "I'm so sorry," she says quietly.

Lissa purses her lips for a moment before looking away. I gently squeeze her hand, letting her know that it's okay.

"I shouldn't have given up like that," she continues. "You needed me and I let you down. I could've gotten all of us killed or something and you have every right to stay mad at me."

There's a really long silence after that and I find myself mentally begging Lissa to say something.

She sighs, running a hand through her hair. "It's okay, I guess," she says softly. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Or pushed you off... almost killing you in the process."

Macy lets out a small laugh. "I guess I deserved all of that." Her face grows serious and she takes a step towards Lissa. "But on a serious note, I am sorry, Lissa. I messed up. And I was being selfish."

Lissa, much to our surprise, pulls her in for a hug. "I forgive you," she tells her. "I'm sorry too, Macy. I just really wanted to get out. I didn't want anything to happen to us. Because we are so close to getting out of this place."

Peter smiles at them. "You know, we should celebrate with the lovely food that is being served during lunch."

Lissa smiles. "Celebrate what?"

Diana stands up. "I honestly don't even care. As long as I get a break from making people stop crying and there's food involved."

We all go out to the cafeteria, not missing the way all the leaders stared at us as we walked in. So did every one else in the room.

"Clarissa Stevens," a boy says, coming up to us.

Lissa freezes beside me, as if knowing who this creep is.

He gives her a light smile. "I have been waiting so long to talk to you."

Her eyes narrow. "Well, I guess you'll have to wait longer then."

He walks right up to her, they're foreheads almost touching. She lets out a small gasp, grasping my arm. He smirks at her reaction. "I don't wait for anyone," he says in a menacing tone.

She glares at him. "And I don't let people push me around. I'd say we have a problem."

I look at him. "Dude, just back off. Who are you?"

Surprisingly, he backs off but his smirk doesn't leave his face. "My name is Lucas. And I'm just wanting to help you."

"We don't need your help," Peter growls. "So just leave us alone. And I wouldn't come anywhere near us again if I were you."

Lucas raises his hands up in mock surrender. "Alright, alright. I literally have nothing against you guys. Except the fact that maybe all the leaders want you dead." He lets out a grin. "But, hey. That's absolutely none of my business, is it?"

Lissa watches him as he leaves us.

"Who the crap is he?" Diana asks, her voice sounding tight.

But Lissa doesn't say anything. Instead, she turns to me, her eyes widened. "Daniel, it's him."

I look at her, confused. "What are you even talking about?"

She doesn't say anything. She looks in the direction that Lucas had left moments earlier and back at the leaders, looking as confused as I feel. "Something's not right," she says quietly.

And that's when we hear a loud, ear-piercing scream.

HEY!!! SORRY IT TOOK A WHILE, IM ON VACATION AND THE WIFI HADNT BEEN WORKING. SO I WAS LOGGING IN TO THE WIFI AT WALMART. BUT THE WIFI GOT FIXED AND ALL IS WELL.

SO MY NEWS... I AM THINKING OF ONLY UPDATING ON FRIDAYS. INSTEAD OF JUST A RANDOM DAY EVERY FEW WEEKS. THAT WAY YOU KNOW AN UPDATE IS ACTUALLY COMING AND WHEN IT IS COMING. STARTING NEXT WEEK. EVEN THOUGH ITS PAST MIDNIGHT RIGHT NOW. SO I GUESS WE START TODAY.

WELL, ANYWAYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LISSA AND MACY MADE UP. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOHT LUCAS? DO YOU THINK HES ACTUALLY TRYING TO HELP THEM OR IS HE TRYING TO HURT THEM LIKE LISSA THINKS?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I COULD USE SOME IDEAS ON THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS. OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO POINT PUT MISTAKES THATS FINE TOO.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I HONESTLY DONT CARE WHETHER YOU COMMENT OR NOT. JUST TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY STORY IS ENOUGH.

SO REMEMBER THAT STARTING NEXT WEEK, I'LL BE UPDATING MY STORIES EVERY FRIDAY.

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!! SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY!!!