Kyoya's words...

~Rose's Pov~

I had come into the host club as usual and saw my brother Tamaki fawning over Haruhi, the girl that had broken our club vase and was now in debt to us. She would be the club dog, running errands and such, but now she had become a new host in the club thanks to her cute nature. Seeing Tamaki like this made me smile; my brother hadn't been so happy since he met Kyoya, who was now his best friend. Thinking of Kyoya made me look around, trying to find the dark-haired boy; when I spotted him, I went over to him. "Good morning, Kyoya-senpai," I said, slowly sitting down next to him.

Kyoya looked at me, "I've told you a thousand times that you don't have to call me that; you're my best friend's little sister. You're practically my little sister at this point."

Practically his little sister... right...

I nodded "yes, I know, but you're not my older brother, and I respect you, so you are my senpai either way."

Kyoya shook his head a bit "right, did you need something?"

I nodded "yes, could you ask the twins if they can get their mother to make me a new uniform? This yellow one doesn't suit me at all."

Kyoya chuckled a bit "you're just now realizing yellow doesn't suit you? We all realized it on day one; the twins have already made you a blue one to match all of us."

I smiled gently "ok, where is it?"

"It's in the changing room; go try it on," Kyoya said, sitting up a bit.

I nodded "thank you, senpai" I went into the back changing room and tried on the new uniform; it fit me perfectly, and I soon came out wearing it.

Kyoya came over to me and put a small pin in my hair "the royal blue rose for the girl that complements the color the most."

I smiled "thank you, senpai" he went over to my guests and started my daily routine. Today was going to be a great day...

When I got home that night, I sat on my bed with the blue pin Kyoya had given me, looking at it in my hand; it was a beautiful pin with white lace around the royal blue flowers on it

The girl that complements the color the most...

Thinking of Kyoya's words made me smile; I knew I loved that boy. I had for almost two years now; he won me over in a single day...

~flashback~

Tamaki had come home from his first day of high school with a tall, dark-haired boy standing next to him; sure, he wasn't much taller than my brother; they were about the same height but much taller than me.

Tamaki had caught me looking at him and the boy and quickly said, "oh! You two haven't met yet! This is my best friend Kyoya Ootori, and this is my little sister rose."

Kyoya looked at me "so this is the little sister you've been telling me about" the boy placed a hand on my head, "little indeed."

I removed his hand. "I'm only a year younger than you two! And I'm not that short!" I crossed my arms; being 5'3 and the two being about 5'9 or 5'10 made a big difference as we stood next to each other.

Kyoya chuckled "right, right, you're not that short, but you are short" the boy turned to Tamaki "now then, where is this music room you've been talking about?"

Tamaki smiled "follow me" he walked off going to the music room, I followed them curiously.

Moments had passed, and I heard Tamaki playing the piano; my brother had always played for my mother and me. But now he played for our grandmother and his friends...

A few more moments passed, and I heard a violin playing.

A violin...?

I peeked into the room and saw Kyoya playing the violin, listening to the two's duet...

Madame Camille Pleyel's Liebesleid... Love sorrow... 

One of my favorite violin and piano duets... 

~flashback end~

No wonder Tamaki picked him as the Vice President of his host club...

The cool type...
A lovely man indeed...