16

𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿

"come on king" i yelled up the stairs.

"coming ma" he yelled back running down the stairs.

"whea yo helmet ?" i asked.

"it's in the car already." he said

"ok come on." i grabbed his book bag off the couch.

i locked the door and we went to the car.

"ma ?" king asked putting his seatbelt on.

"yeah ?" i looked both ways before backing out.

"when k3 coming home ?"

"october 1 hopefully" i sighed. when he had his reappearance he got one more month added to his time.

"ok i miss him a lot." he said leaning his head back.

"me too but don't get sad , continue winning games for him y'all are making him happy." i smiled rubbing his head "we gotta get you a haircut" i laughed

"pawpaw said he going take me sunday."

"ok" i said and we pulled up at the football field. i parked the car and put my coach sticker in it.

i really was going stop coaching but bean said the boys were missing me and if i left they were going be extra sad since k3 is gone too.

"go ahead and start running laps with everybody else i'll put your helmet down." i told king getting his helmet out the backseat.

"ok" he said running off to start his laps.

i walked over to bean and placed king helmet on the bench beside the other players. "wassup lil sis" bean said holding his arms out for a hug.

"hey."i said giving him a hug.

"how ya been ?"

"good just working making sure sky and king good." i sat down to tie my shoes and put my whistle on my neck.

"that's good , but you know me and the boys got you right ? don't go through this shit by yo self noodle." he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"thank you , i know i been distance lately just been trying process everything."

"that's understandable but you know we got you just like k3 do." he said making me smile.

"thank you." i said giving him another hug.

he blew the whistle letting the boys know they could stop running. "offense go with noodle defense come with me." he said and the boys split up.

"okay, goo-" i got cut off by my phone ringing and checked it and it was the jail. i looked at bean and he nodded and i walked away to answer the phone. "yes i accept all charges."

"wassup mamas" i heard k3 say.

"hey"

"how yo week been so far ?"

"it's been good , had a lot of appointments lately. right now i'm at the boys football practice." i said looking back at the boys who were all staring at bean as he talked to them.

"put me on speaker let me talk to em."

"ok" i said putting my phone on speaker walking back over to the boys. "y'all k3 on the phone he wanna talk to y'all so be quiet and listen." i said holding the phone out for them to hear.