the dam campfire

AT DINNER:

Rachel was sitting at the hermes cabin table, talking to the stolls, when out of nowhere Celia lightwood showed up. The Celia lightwood. the most popular girl at clarion ladies academy and Rachel's best friend who had seen the prophecy. 

well if she was a demigod then Rachel wouldn't have to explain the whole prophecy thing. she ran to Celia and hugged her so hard that she almost fell over.

 "rach!!" "oh my god you're a demigod who's your godly parent cecy I missed you so much." she rushed out "i'm not a demigod I'm a shadow hunter and I have no idea what's going on but I'm so happy to see you rach. also my friends explained the whole prophecy and oracle thing but I didn't know you were the oracle!!" "I am but listen cecy someth- 

Rachel was interrupted by Chiron who went up to the hearth where everyone could hear him." demigods demigoddesses, mr.d and our dear oracle. we have guests today. but before we continue with dinner I have something to tell you. a long time ago, when I was training heroes in a cave demigods and shadow hunters lived in harmony. but when the first giant war occurred they lost their best comrade and one of my best friends Jonathan shadow hunter. we parted with a truce that neither would disturb the other and many a times in history we have been aided by them when needed including the world wars and we have aided them when needed including the battle of Cadair Idris and the uprising against their own valentine morgernstern. we have another prophecy and this time with both demigods and the nephillim every consul knows about our world as they are told by their predecessor but in this case our consul wasn't told. I will explain everything to the councillors and you can ask them later but first I shall explain how the system worked. the shadow hunters were claimed as honorary members by the gods. if two or more gods claimed them then they were to choose which cabin they wanted to be in. the claiming shall happen tonight at the campfire and each cabin gets to take part, the chosen cabins will have a midnight feast in honour of the new members." 

everyone cheered and Rachel was introduced to Celia's cousins and friends. after that everyone walked to the campfire and started the singing with grandma putting on armour and after a few songs Chiron came forward and announced "IT IS TIME FOR THE CLAIMING."

" COME FORWARD ISABELLE SOPHIA LIGHTWOOD." Isabelle stepped forward and stood in front of the fire. it turned pink and a dove of the same colour showed up above her head.

 "do you Isabelle lightwood accept being the nephillim of Aphrodite, goddess of love and lady of doves." she knelt and said " I accept."

"ALL HAIL ISABELLE LIGHTWOOD OF APHRODITE CABIN." everyone repeated "all hail Isabelle lightwood." 

" COME FORWARD ALEXANDER GIDEON LIGHTWOOD." Alec stepped forward and stood in front of the campfire. the fire turned a silvery grey colour and an owl of that colour glowed over his head.

" do you Alexander Lightwood accept being the nephillim of Athena , goddess of wisdom and war strategy, lady of the owls." he knelt and said " I accept." 

"ALL HAIL ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD OF THE ATHENA CABIN." everyone repeated "all hail alexander lightwood."  

"COME FORWARD JONATHAN CHRISTOPHER HERONDALE." Jace stepped forward and stood in front of the campfire. " the fire changed colours from red to gold to a modest fire blue and three symbols appeared above his head a golden lightning bolt , a light blue hearth and a red boar.

" JONATHAN CHRISTOPHER HERONDALE, YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY THREE GODS. ZEUS, LORD OF THE SKY,KING OF THE GODS AND ARES, GOD OF WAR , WEAPONS AND PATRON OF THE AMAZONS AND HESTIA LADY OF THE HEARTH,GODDESS OF FAMILY AND UNITY . YOU SHALL DECIDE WHO YOU WANT TO HONOUR."

" ok so no dishonour to ares or zeus but I choose Hestia." 

"do you Jonathan Herondale accept being the nephillim of Hestia, lady of the hearth, goddess of family and unity."

" did I choose her ?" he said rolling his eyes. Chiron hesitated then said "yes, Jonathan you did." "then obviously I accept." he said kneeling and looking at the goddess who sat at the hearth. everyone cheered. 

"ALL HAIL JONATHAN HERONDALE OF THE HESTIA CABIN." everyone repeated "all hail Jonathan herondale."

" COME FORWARD CLARISSA ADELE FAIRCHILD." clary stepped forward and stood in front of the campfire. the fire changed from a pleasing green to rainbow to neon yellow and three symbols appeared above her head a rainow pack of skittles, a neon yellow sun and a pleasing green cornucopia appeared above her head.

" CLARISSA ADELE FAIRCHILD, YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY THREE GODS. APOLLO LORD OF THE SUN, GOD OF MUSIC AND POETRY, DEMETER GODDESS OF HARVEST, FARMING AND SUCCESSOR OF PAN BY TAKING ON THE ROLE OF GODDESS OF NATURE, IRIS GODDESS OF THE RAINBOW, CREATOR OF SKITTLES AND EVERY OTHER KIND OF CANDY AND OWNER OF RAINBOW ORGANIC FOODS AND LIFESTYLES. YOU SHALL DECIDE WHO YOU WANT TO HONOUR."

" Obviously no offence to Apollo or Demeter but I choose iris and yes I accept being her nephillim." 

"ALL HAIL CLARISSA FAIRCHILD OF THE IRIS CABIN." everyone repeated " all hail Clarissa Fairchild." 

" COME FORWARD MAGNUS BANE." "but I'm a warlock." " we don't discriminate mr.bane in fact Caterina herself is a child of Apollo while ragnor is a child of zeus."

he steps forward  a glowing pink, but this time glittery dove appeared over his head and he did a little happy dance and went back to his friends. 

 "ALL HAIL MAGNUS BANE OF APHRODITE CABIN." Chiron said and everyone chanted "all hail magnus bane." 

"COME FORWARD CELIA LIGHTWOOD." Celia was about to step forward when a glowing pair of golden wings and a trident showed up above her head and everyone gasped. She'd never known her father but with all the legends Jace had read to her she knew. She was the daughter of Poseidon. not some kind of weird nephillim cabin representative but his daughter a demigod or Demi angel god I guess

"ALL HAIL CELIA LIGHTWOOD OF THE POSIEDON CABIN." "everyone repeated  

She couldn't bear it anymore, the awed looks everyone was giving her. the surprise in her cousin's faces and the helpless feeling she had. it was too overwhelming and she ran, into the woods and as far as her legs could take her. 

suddenly she bumped into someone with brown hair and kaleidoscopic eyes. 

" who are you?" the mysterious girl asked. suddenly she felt movement behind her. she clicked her magnetic bracelet together and brandished her twin daggers. as she turned around she saw a blue eyed blonde boy around her age with his hand raised. 

"whoa! hew slow, im not trying to hurt you." she saw the girl pull her dagger out of its sheath and the blue-eyed boy said something in greek. she somehow understood it even though she hadn't learned the language, latin, yes, French, hindi, spanish, even Italian sure but not greek " piper its fine she must be a camper." he walked over to the girl, piper as he called her and calmed her down. 

"look its dangerous for you to be out here." the girl told her. "we're going back anyways just come with us." she continued. 

now that she'd gotten some space Celia felt that she could go back there and walked with the pair.

when they reached the clearing everyone gasped again. a girl fainted and a short boy started crying. apparently blondie was back from the dead. 

CLIFFHANGER DON'T HATE ME 

bye next week new chapter