3. SELF-DEFENSE

The only thing that kept her alive was her want: to be nothing like her mother. To be the complete opposite of her mother, to not be a failure. All her life, she had to work hard to make sure she was not like her mother.

Amber furrowed her brows, "What does that mean?" her voice broke.

Jayce turned away, "Telling you won't reduce the pain, won't it?"

Amber gritted her teeth and pulled her sister by her clothes, "We're sisters, Jayce," she stated, "You're supposed to tell me everything. If you aren't, you're being selfish to your max,"

"Selfish?" Jayce scoffed, "Don't you think I deserve to be selfish for once?"

"Have you ever been selfless?" Amber asked right away.

Jayce winced, unable to speak. Her mouth opened but nothing came out. She bit her lip.

"I don't think so, right?" Amber said, without thinking of anything. She turned around and started unpacking her stuff, "And for goodness sake, Jayce, we haven't even started school yet," she groaned in a whisper.

~~~

Things went with boredom and constant ignoring of each other. It was the end of the week, and by Monday, September 6, they would have the first day of school.

Ashton, Jaxon and Eric were going from their dorm to Eric's house for dinner. The rest of the students had their dinner in the dining hall (with very nasty food) while most others cooked their own random food for pool parties in the dorm building's kitchen.

Ash, Jaxon and Eric's dorm was at level 5, and it was the most luxurious dorm. The other dorms only fitted 2 people, while this fitted 3. It was more like a huge apartment than a dorm. It had 3 master bedrooms, a huge kitchen, huge bathrooms, a huge walk-in closet, their own fireplace and lounge and chandeliers that hung from the matte-black walls.

Of course, the three boys were best friends, and all of them were extremely wealthy.

The three boys were walking through the kitchen of the first level and they met the two twins having a chat with some other friends. Ashton glared at the green-eyed girl and she glared back at him from the corner of her eye.

She was wearing a dark brown checkered blazer and skirt set and her wavy auburn hair was in a half-up-half-down. The brown-eyed twin was wearing a brown turtleneck and a brown-gray skirt, with her similar wavy auburn hair but in a high ponytail.

He still had not found out the name of one who beat the crap out of him that day, and as someone who was vengeful easily, he saw this as a way to lower down her popularity.

"Hey," he approached them.

Eric and Jaxon flinched behind him.

The two twins looked at him. One of them gave him a sweet smile, that meant nothing but sweet.

"I'm Ashton," he introduced himself, "We met the day you moved in, remember?"

The two twins nodded.

"So which is which?"

"I'm Amber," the brown-eyed girl said, standing up to shake his hand, formally as if it was necessary.

She was definitely the opposite of the green-eyed girl, which he had finally found out the name of.

"Jayce, pleasure," the green-eyed girl said, giving him a sly smile.

Ashton gave her an unpleasant smile in return, "We've met," he said, "She nearly broke my arm, ow," he acted it out, holding his hand in pain.