5. SELF-CENTERED

Jayce usually could read people's faces, whether they were in anxiety or whether they were in happiness. And like Ashton who can read people's actions, he couldn't hide his own actions well. But both of them couldn't read Ashton himself.

"Ash, bro, what the heck?" Eric shook his friend's shoulder.

Amber covered her mouth with her hand, while Jayce still stood behind the wall.

Does he have a personality disorder or something? Jayce thought in her head.

"Ash, what the hell? Wake up," Eric tapped his shoulder, but he was still trying to breathe, in a heavy panic attack.

Jayce's brows knitted together. She knew what this was, but she wasn't fully sure of the reason he was triggered. A panic attack, which she has been used to from the heavy years of healing her trauma.

She stepped out of the wall, "Can you bring Ashton to my dorm?"

"Jayce?" Amber gasped in confusion, "Did you do this?"

Jayce looked at her sister with a restless face, "Do you really think I'm the type of person who uses someone's trauma against them? Besides, I have no idea what the heck triggered this,"

"Whatever," Eric said, "What are you going to do to him in your dorm?"

Jayce pursed her lips, "I have tranquilizers,"

"You do?" Amber furrowed.

"Fine, whatever," Eric said, "I used Ash's car, just get it there,"

Jayce nodded and took the key from Eric's pocket. She knew how it felt, how to be in that situation, with different traumas and locations and problems and fears, there was one thing she knew so much. And the thing that would trigger her panic and anxiety attacks was dormant...for now.

Dave Brooks taught her how to drive, and he taught her well. Ashton's breathing was still uneven, and he was still trying to recover from the panic attack.

"Give him water," Jayce said.

"How the hell do you know?" Amber shrieked, panicking.

"Don't freaking panic in front of me," she stated.

"That's Ashton Walker, if anything happens to him, I swear-,"

"I know what to do,"

"You don't know, you don't even know what he's having right now," Amber yelled.

"Have common sense for once, Amber," Jayce said, "Why would I offer myself to help him if I didn't know how?"

Amber huffed beside her as Jayce speeded up the car.

As soon as they got to the dorm building, Jayce stepped out of the car and opened the middle seat's door, as Eric helped Ashton.

"Take me back to my dorm," Ashton said.

"But-"

"Take me back to my dorm," he repeated, pale.

Jayce gave him a furrowed face, "I don't want to negotiate," she said calmly, "Take him back to his dorm if that's what he wants,"

Amber flinched, "Jayce, you said-"

"I would rather have anyone in this world take care of me but you," Ashton said.

"So tell me, how will you take care of yourself? Or how will others take care of you?" Jayce asked.

Ashton flustered.

"That's not really any of my business so go now," Jayce jerked her head to the doors of the dorm building.

"Ashton, I think you should really take-"