28. SELF-RENEWING

Death happens. It happens often. But sometimes, it's fair isn't it? Life was not a choice, but death could be one.

"What do you mean? What do you mean by that?" Dave yelled on the phone.

Jayce gritted her teeth and she ended the call and proceeded to walk towards the ambulance.

Amber went to Ella, comforting her, "Ella, what happened?" she asked in a breath.

Ashton stood by his car, unable to move, but as he saw Jayce walking towards the ambulance, he followed slowly behind her too.

She couldn't form the words, "Who died?" she said with shaking in her voice.

"My wife is dead," a voice broke in from behind her, "She's probably playing a trick on me,"

Jayce turned around, seeing Oliver with a pale face, and with a dull posture. She pursed her lips, "I'm sorry for your loss, Mr Rodriguez,"

"She's not dead though," Oliver denied, "She's just asleep, she was fine this morning, she was okay,"

Denial.

He had lost his wife and son, what more could have happened?

Ashton approached them both, "I'm sorry for your loss, sir,"

"She's not dead," he yelled suddenly, "How do you all not understand that?"

The ambulance put Georgia's body inside, it was all so sudden.

"She's not dead," his voice broke, "Georgia's not dead. She isn't dead, not like Eric,"

Jayce didn't know what to reply to that, "I'm sorry,"

Her eyes went to Ella who was crying in Amber's embrace, still muttering the word 'mom'.

"Sir, we will perform the autopsy by today," one of the medical officers said, "From the evidence we've picked, it is possible she overdosed herself with her antidepressants,"

"She isn't dead!" Oliver yelled, slapping the medical officer's face, "Why the hell do you not understand? She isn't dead! She isn't-" he kept on yelling, feeling the need to kill someone, and Ashton held him back.

"Mr Rodriguez, please stop," he said, "You need to let her go, she's gone now,"

"You killed my son, step away from me!" Oliver yelled at Ashton.

"Mr Rodriguez!" Jayce yelled back, holding him back instead, "Enough. Georgia is gone, you need to let her go. Slapping people isn't going to bring her back,"

"But she isn't-" his eyes were filled with tears, "She was fine," the droplets of tears started falling and he fell down too, down on his knees, "She was fine this morning,"

Jayce knew how it felt like, and Ashton as well. And they both tried to comfort him.

"I'm sorry, Mr Rodriguez," Jayce said, rubbing his back, "You need to stay strong, for yourself, for Ella," she felt bad that she was stalling so much time for her own plot revenge, "Eric will get justice,"

Ashton looked down on his feet, disbelieving everything that happened that day. He was on the verge of another panic attack, but he held it back in, making sure his breaths were stable and fine.

~~~

The word got out to everyone, even Dave, Jasmine and Jaxon. And basically everyone and everyone sent their condolences.

Oliver had said that she was found unconscious in her bedroom, as they were sleeping on separate beds. She was found with a bottle of empty pills of antidepressants beside her, and she drank all of it. According to Ella, they fought everyday, blaming each other on her brother's death.