26. SELF-CONSCIOUS

And then suddenly your brain shuts down because someone told you something you couldn't process. Like, it literally shut down.

Jayce scoffed, then laughed a bit, "Sorry, repeat that once more,"

"What part of 'Jaxon killed Eric' did you not understand?"

"All of it,"

"The reason why I agreed to dating you is because I knew he was a killer. I did it to earn his trust. He wanted to use you as protection, and I wanted to keep you under my eye and gain info from you," he explained.

"Thank you so much for defining your main purpose of using me for info," she sneered.

"Don't act like you didn't date me either because you thought I was a murderer," he snapped back.

Jayce squeezed the knife and took a step forward to him, "I still think you are. You're a murderer with feelings, and sympathy and empathy. But like you said, you wouldn't be able to kill me would you?"

Ashton clenched his jaw, "Jaxon used me to get to you to make sure he gets all the information on the murder correctly, hoping that he could escape it somehow. I used you to gain information to put him in jail without having to give a statement like this,"

Jayce glared at him, ordering him to convince her more.

"I moved your pen around to make sure it didn't fall into his hands. If it does, he'll submit it to the police and you'll be in jail, and I don't think you're a murderer," he stated, "Remember when I asked you why you told everyone about the Walkers cutting off the school funding? And I didn't come back to the house that night?"

"Why?"

"I went to their house and to the dorm that night, to make sure he wasn't going out to kill my family, and I had to ensure him that I didn't hate them because he would kill anything I hate, and anything that makes him jealous,"

"I get the point of you dating me to keep me under your watch, and for information purposes," she replied, everything out of her mind right now, "But has it ever crossed your mind that dating me would make him jealous?"

"I wasn't going to fall for you anyways," Ashton stated, bitterly.

Jayce clenched her jaw with his words.

"And plus, he wanted me to date you, so he wouldn't have thought of you as a rival, but as something to use,"

"Wow, thank you, for clarifying the fact I was just a tool," Jayce sarcastically said, putting down the knife, and banging it harshly on the table.

"Need I to remind you that you suspected me as a murderer and dated me, wishing you could prove it, and you just held a knife on my neck? Oh, not only that, you also were the one who kissed me, twice." Ashton argued, this wasn't how he planned to confront her.

"Well, need I to remind you as well that you were the one who asked me to date you?" Jayce argued back.

"You said yes anyways, and for a more wicked cause than mine,"

Hurt, they've done that several times to each other.

"Okay, if that's the card you're willing to play," she said, approaching him back, "Answer my question truthfully: How did you find out Jaxon was the killer?"

He stepped back, putting his hands in his pockets, pursing his lips and sighing quietly.

"Sounds like it's a secret that can destroy you," she narrowed her eyes.

"I have- had, a sixth sense," he blurted out.

"A sixth sense?" she scoffed, "What does that make you do? See the dead?"