33. SELF-EFFACING

Forgiveness wasn't easy, especially when it's about someone you trust a lot who just backstabs you. It felt as if you were being crumpled into pieces, and you might never regain yourself.

She jumped onto one of the pipes and climbed down. Dave rushed to her and yelled from the window, "Jayce-!"

"I know you wouldn't allow me. Sorry dad," she was impulsive. If she had something to do, she would do it, immediately.

"Jayce!" Dave went out of the room and ran downstairs, but Jayce had driven off with her car.

She wanted to cry so badly. She loved Amber so much, but Ashton was innocent. And Amber really had to get what she deserved. She was determined to publish all her crimes and prove it all. Amber deserved it. Even the person who loved her the most knew that.

~~~

"What's your plan now?" Jasmine asked Ashton.

They were both in front of the office building right now.

"Make sure Amber knows I'm out of jail, and she'll want to kill me. In the meantime, I'll record everything," he replied.

"And if you die? What do you think Jayce will feel once she finds out you're hurt anywhere?" she asked back.

"She'll know what to do. I'm very much sure she'll get all the truth out," he said, "Thanks, Jasmine, for your help. I really mean it,"

"Welcome," she said, "Stay safe, I really mean it too,"

She went ahead and went back to her car, as Ashton entered the office to meet Harrison.

Harrison was sitting on his chair, legs up on the desk, "About the Walkers' money and companies, what are you going to do about it?"

"Sell it all," Ashton replied, "I wouldn't even care less on what happens to that filthy money,"

"Alright. Anyways, your head seems to be clouded and cluttered with only one girl at the moment," the man said.

He furrowed as he sat on the couch, "What?"

"I'm worried about you," he said, "Like any father would be, I am."

"Why?" he flinched.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked.

"Like what?" Ashton scoffed.

"I know you, Ashton," Harrison remarked, "Now that you've gotten out of jail, it doesn't end anything. You're planning something; something dangerous, am I right?" he asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," the boy looked away and took out his phone.

"I've seen all the 'dangerous' things you've done, Ashton," he continued, standing up and sitting across him, "All those dangerous things you do, all of them are for Jayce Brooks,"

Ashton sighed, then looked back at his father, "So?"

"How much do you care about her?" Harrison asked, sighing.

"More than I care about my own life," he replied immediately.

The man gave a thin smile, "Does she feel the same way? Does she love you too?"

He pursed his lips, "Even if she doesn't, all I want is for her to be safe and happy,"

"What do you love about her?" Harrison asked.

Ashton gave a small snort, as he continued to smile, "Everything. The smile she makes when she's genuinely happy, the scowl she makes when I do something stupid, the independence and boldness she has, her intelligence and beauty and thoughts. Everything about her, I love it."