10. SELF-EGO

Nearly everyone in this world has something they really want to protect, either it's them, or someone or something else. They would certainly get mad if that they wished to protect would be in danger or is damaged or is hurt.

Jayce froze at the messages, watching the video. He had certainly stabbed her in the back and up in the front. He wanted something, and he got it. But as in surrounded with problems, she solved them within a second.

She turned off her phone and went about her usual morning routine, as if nothing happened, although her mind was on the edge of becoming a storm. There was only one way out of this: guilt tripping.

When Jayce was done with her bath, Amber was waiting outside the door of the bathroom. Jayce winced.

"Is this the part where 'murder is okay sometimes' comes in?" Amber said.

Jayce sighed, "Look, Amber, I'm-"

"Sorry? Eric will think I'm an immediate idiot. I TOLD YOU TO STOP THE FIGHT BETWEEN YOU AND ASHTON BEFORE IT BECOMES TO LATE SO YOU NEED TO STOP NOW." Amber said.

Jayce looked at her sister with sad eyes, "I have a plan, and I'm sure of it,"

"That's what you always freaking say," Amber said.

"Amber, remember that what I'll be saying to Ashton will not be something about guilt tripping you, think of it that I hid it to protect you. I'm your older sister, your twin, and you should trust me and all I did in the past was not to make you feel bad in the present but it was to protect you from mental illness, okay?" Jayce said.

"I have no idea what you mean,"

"The only person who will be guilt tripped when I execute my plan is Ashton, no one else, okay?"

Amber pursed her lips worriedly, and nodded slowly but angrily.

After they both were ready, they went down the elevator, and with a lot of people looking at them, whispering through the lounge room and even when they went to the school building.

Ashton had done it. Ashton had taken her heart and broken it.

~~~

Around 3 hours before

Ashton couldn't sleep, he really didn't know what to choose.

His choices were:

1.Post the video and tea after school to make sure her day ended bad

2.Post the video and tea during school to make sure her day was bad

3.Post the video and tea before school to make sure her day started bad

Dilemma, he thought, but he liked maximum suffering for someone he barely knew. Ashton never really thought about feelings, he didn't really know what sympathy and empathy was. Nevertheless, he chose option 3: Post the video and tea before school to make sure her day started bad.

"You're still awake?" Eric woke up to get a drink, seeing Ashton still on the couch, eating popcorn.

"Can't sleep, about to make history," Ashton said, "Aye, where's Jaxon by the way?"

"He decided to stay with his sister for the night,"

"Oh," he replied, "I'm making history right now,"

Ashton posted the video and the notice of Jayce and Amber's little lies. Eric read the chats that were flooded by messages already at that time, "Is this the part where I break up with Amber?"