2

Beep Beep Beep.

"Son of a bitch," I groaned and rolled over, before silencing my alarm, which read 2:56 am.

I got up and packed a rushed suitcase with various items of clothing, before packing another more organised one with various weapons and electronics.

"Hey Jinx, have my coffee ready for when I get downstairs, I won't be impressed if it's not at drinking temperature," I called out from my room.

"Yes, Miss," he replied and I stepped into the shower.

Once I got downstairs and had my coffee, I still had thirty minutes before I needed to leave.

"Hey Jinx, can you check Ms W. Venable's medical records please?" I asked, looking at her picture more closely this time, and noticing a cane.

"I may have some trouble accessing it, it seems to be a high alert file,"

"I don't care,"

"It could be dangerous, Miss,"

"I DON'T CARE GET ME THE GODDAMN RECORD, BEFORE I TURN YOUR POWER OFF!" I shouted at him.

"Yes, Miss. I'm sorry," he said, as I hauled my suitcases to the door.

"Bring the car round," I mumbled, taking another look at Ms Venable.

When I heard the car pull up outside the door, I snapped the file shut and dragged my bags out to the boot. I threw them in the back and slammed my front door shut, before getting behind the wheel and turning on the ignition.

"Good Morning, Miss," Jinx greeted me.

"Yeah, can we just take a slow drive to the airport?" I yawned, sipping on my coffee, which was perfect drinking temperature.

"Yes, Miss," he said and started to drive the car down the drive.

Once we reached the airport, I was met with another member from Secret Services, and my best friend, Ally Mayfair. Ally wasn't and agent, just an overlooker of the services and its missions.

"Hello," she smiled, as her security guard took my cases.

"Which one has your equipment ma'am?" He asked me.

"The big one," I replied, not looking at him and checking my phone.

"So, California?" Ally asked as we entered the airport.

"Yes, she's a dangerous one," I said, looking around just in case.

"I know. From what Boss has told me, she sounds extremely powerful," she frowned as we checked in.

"Well, she does have the power to destroy the human race, as we know it. So yes, I'd say she's sort of powerful," I whispered as we breezed through customs.

On the jet, Ally fell asleep in her quarters, and I booked a meeting with a Ms Venable, under the fake name of Lana Winters, for two days away.

I booked it saying I was looking for a job and the receptionist bought it, giving me an appointment for 3:15pm. I then called my boss, and gave her all of my information and my plan moving forward, which she accepted and wished me luck, although we knew I didn't need it.

After updating the Venable file and reading over some other information, I closed my laptop and put it away, before walking across the jet into my small room, to get a few hours' sleep before landing.