11

I had been stood alone in that room for a good few hours, before that familiar tapping rung throughout the chamber.

"Good evening," she purred from behind me, "are you going to talk yet, kitten?" She whispered, coming close to my face.

I just looked at her.

"Aww, that's a shame," she pouted, "you see, I've had some of my friends do a little digging about you. So whether you answer my questions or not, I know a lot about you baby girl," she grinned.

I said nothing.

"I did think your idea with the poison wasn't very good, but that's because you weren't meant to do it. You had no idea how to do it and then you were blamed for its failure, now I hardly think that's fair, do you?"

I glared at her.

"But enough about that, let's talk about you," she smiled, stepping a little closer to me, so our faces were inches apart, "Do you know why I hired you?"

Silence.

"You know, I really wish you would say something, darling, it would make this whole ordeal so much quicker," she looked almost sad for a moment, "you have a look behind your eyes. I've only ever seen the look once before. You've lost something, and you blame yourself. Judging by how deep your look is, this happened a long time ago, but you're still holding on. So why? Why don't you just let go?"

Tears pricked my eyes and I tried to blink them away, but it had the opposite effect, and they rolled down my face silently.

The target put a shaky hand to my face, and looked at me sadly for a moment, before wiping my tears softly, making me frown a little.

"What are you doing?" I croaked.

"I want you to let go," she whispered.

"I can't,"

"I know," she sighed, "I took off your bracelet to chain you up, but I promise you it's safe,"

"My bracelet?"

"Yes,"

"GIVE IT BACK!" I screamed, making her flinch slightly. She nodded a little and pulled my bracelet from her pocket, holding it in front of me.

"It's safe," she assured me, and for some reason, I trusted her. I nodded slowly and she put in back in her pocket.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked shakily.

"I was going to, but I don't think it would be fair letting you die with all this hurt still inside of you," she said gently.

"Why do you care?"

"I know what it feels like to hold on," she whispered.

"So you're going to let me go?"

"Maybe,"

"My wrists hurt,"

"I'll let you down a little,"

"Thank you," as I said that, she walked behind me and I fell a little closer to the floor so my weight was off my wrists.

"Better?" She smiled.

"Yes,"

"I've had agents try to kill me from every country, but you... you're not an agent are you?"

I just shook my head.

"You have a very good shot," she smiled.

"I'm a sniper,"

"Makes sense," she smirked and then left the room again.

Well that was different. Did she just help me?