13

The sky was cloudy and it was becoming dark. There weren't many of them left now. My wife, Ally and I had killed nine out of ten of them. I saw movement over a few bushes, and made my way over silently to kill my next target. I got down flat in my belly,and positioned my gun at my unsuspecting prey. But that's when I saw it. He was mid way fighting Billie, fighting my wife! I didn't even think, I just pulled the trigger, making the fight stop. I heard someone drop. Ally and I ran over to them and I saw Billie laying there, holding her waist, which was spilling blood everywhere. The target had fled and my wife had died.

"BILLIE NO!" I screamed.

"Y/n wake up!" Ms Venable shook me awake.

I was crying and she just took me in her arms, rocking me slowly.

"You're OK, you're safe. Shhhhh. It's not happening right now," she whispered softly into my hair whilst rocking me gently, calming me down. I noticed she had chosen her words very carefully. Instead of saying it wasn't real, she told me it wasn't right now. How much had she heard? Or how much did she know?

"I don't want to go back to sleep," I sobbed, holding onto her as if she were my only chance of survival, which is ironic really, considering she is going to blow up the world one day.

"That's OK, darling," she whispered, rubbing small circles on my lower back, being careful to avoid my wounds.

"How long have you been sat with me?" I asked.

"Since you fell asleep, I didn't go in case you decided to leave,"

"I'm not going to leave you,"

"But I'm just another one of your missions, you kill me and move on,"

"Usually, yes. But not this time. You're the only person in the world that cares about me anymore. My so called best friend only wants me for sex and everyone else is dead,"

"I just want you to be happy," she frowned.

"I know,"

"Was that her name? Billie?" She whispered.

I just nodded, tears collecting in my eyes again.

"You know I can't let you leave right?"

"Yep,"

"OK,"

"Let's run away!" I said out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry?" She laughed, before realising I was serious, "where would we go?"

"Venice," I smiled.

"Venice? Why Venice?"

"I don't know, I don't like roads and it's mostly boats there,"

"Oh," she frowned, "why would you want to run away with me?"

"Because I think you're a good person who does bad stuff. Everyone else says you're a bad person, but I don't think so. If you were a bad person, you wouldn't want me to be happy,"

"Oh, OK, sure," she smiled and laughed a bit.

"You're pretty when you smile," I whispered.

"I'm never pretty," she looked away from me and I saw tears form in her eyes.

"Hey, look at me," I begged, putting a hand gently on her face and turning her so her watery eyes locked with mine, "you're gorgeous,"

And then I pressed my lips firmly against her's.