6

I pulled up outside the hotel and let them drive my car away to park it. I contemplated talking to Ms Mayfair, but I was just so drained and upset, that I couldn't stand it.

"Hey," a soft voice said from behind me as I unlocked my room. I let out a heavy sigh and turned to see the woman I was avoiding stood a meter away from me.

"Phase one is completed, Ms Mayfair," I stated blankly.

"Really? Already?" She frowned.

"Yes," I opened my door and motioned for her to come inside. Although I wanted to be away from her, I couldn't discuss the mission in the hallway.

"I'm her new assistant, tomorrow I'm poisoning her coffee and then we can fly home. I've already sorted our tickets back to base," I handed her a boarding pass.

"How did you do that so quickly?"

"I'm just good at my job ma'am,"

"I know, but I have to ask, you're a sniper?"

"Yes," I frowned.

"So why not just shoot her? Why do you have to go through the effort of poisoning her, when you have the best aim in all of the secret services?"

"Because you and I both know that my shot isn't always as accurate as I would like it to be, and I don't want to risk that for someone so dangerous,"

"You only missed once," she whispered.

"But that once was once too many and could happen again,"

"But it won't! You were worried,"

"I can't risk the world, not now anyway," I said softly, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"The world is lucky to have you, y/n," she sat next to me, but with enough space between us.

I stared at the empty gap between our bodies and moved over to her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"She deserved so much better, though," I whispered, tears pricking my eyes and soaking Ally's blouse.

Ally wrapped her arms tightly around my waist and rocked me slowly, trying to calm me down.

"Hey, what car do you have for this one?" She smiled.

"An orange Elise," I grinned and she wiped my tears.

"That was you driving like an idiot this morning? I guess I should've known," she giggled, making me laugh.

"We can take her for a drive if you want?" I smirked.

"Sounds good,"

So I grabbed my keys and bag and left the hotel with Ally.

"Good afternoon, Miss," Jinx greeted us, making Ally jump.

"Shit I forgot you have a special robot,"

"Hey! Jinx isn't a robot, he's a personal animatronic computer based assistant." I corrected her.

"Good afternoon Ms Mayfair," he greeted her.

"Hi,"

"Where to then, Miss?" He asked me.

"Actually Jinx, Ally's driving,"

Ally started up the Elise with a loud engine popping noise. Her face lit up as she revved the engine, gaining a few stares from hotel residents, before we shot off down the road laughing.

"Hey Jinx?"

"Yes, Miss,"

"Has anything else been added to the Venable file?"

"Only your achievement of becoming close to her, Miss. Well done, by the way,"

"Thanks,"

"I can't believe your working for her," Ally laughed.

"Watch the road," I reminded her.

"Oh yeah,"

"We should go back, it's getting late," I said about an hour later.

"Sounds good, do you want to drive?"

"Sure," I smiled and we got out and switched. I drove us back to the hotel and put Jinx away, before Ally and I parted ways to our separate rooms for the night.