16

I woke up pressed against Mina. It was still dark outside and in the room. I rolled over to check the clock, and it read 3:42 am. Holy Gaga, why was I up this early.

Bang.

Something fell over in the living room. I took my arm from around Mina, and grabbed my pistol from the drawer next to my bed, before attaching the silencer.

I kissed Mina's temple gently, and then tiptoed into the living room. I was not prepared.

There she was. Sat on our sofa, staring right at me. Ally.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"What am I doing here?! What are you doing here?!" She whispered.

"How did you find me?"

"You always said you would come here to put yourself and Billie at rest, I figured that's what you were doing, but now I'm not so sure,"

"I am putting us to rest," I glared at her, turning on the lamp.

"I can see that,"

"Does MI6 know you're here?" I asked, suddenly terrified.

"No. I told them I was going to find you, I didn't say where. Is she here?"

"Why is that important?"

"Is she here?"

"I know my rights and I know I don't have to tell you a thing,"

"She's dangerous, y/n. Billie wouldn-,"

"Billie is dead." I said, emotionlessly, "She's dead and she's not coming back. I've done as you suggested and I'm moving on,"

"With someone planning to blow up the world?!"

"You don't know shit, Ally," I warned.

"Oh my God- you love her, don't you?" She gasped.

"I'm not saying anything,"

"You do!"

"SHUT UP ALLY!" I yelled, pulling the trigger and hitting her right where I had hit Billie.

"You won't get away with it. They'll find out and when they do, they'll kill both of you," she whispered, before falling flat out on the floor, dead.

"Y/n?" A shaky voice asked from behind me. I turned on my heel and was met with Mina staring at me, the gun in my hand, and Ally- who was very dead.

"Hey gorgeous," I smiled.

"What the hell is happening?" She whispered, watching me pat down Ally's body in search of any microphones.

"Mina, meet Ally. Let's just say, she's an example of someone who doesn't accept our relationship,"

"Ally. Isn't she your best friend?"

"Was my best friend. Until she let me kill my wife and didn't help me save her. She just watched her die, so that's what I've done to her,"

"I'll call someone to clear the body," she said, and pulled out her phone.

After Mina had arranged something, she walked over to me and pulled me close.

"Did you mean everything you said to her?"

"Yes."

"Y/n, I'm going to ask you a question, I need you to answer me honestly. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Am I just a distraction from your wife?"

"No." I answered instantly, making Mina visibly relax.

"OK. Will MI6 find us here?"

"I don't think so,"

"We should go back to bed,"

"Yeah, let's go," I whispered, walking back to our room.

Nothing else was said. We got into bed together and I held Mina tight against me, before she fell asleep again. I got no sleep that night. I was prepared for someone else trying to hurt my Mina. I kept my gun in my hand all night, flinching whenever I heard the slightest noise. The worst part of all of this was that Ally had been right- I did love Wilhemina.