9

Walking back into the office, Ally and I had the biggest grins on our faces ever.  A few people looked at us strangely but others smiled back. We had saved the world. Well, I had saved the world, but Ally could think she did something too, I guess.

The lift finally opened on the top floor to Boss's office and as we stepped out, we were met with a very pissed off woman.

"What the hell are you doing here l/n?" she hissed, making sure no one else could hear her, before walking into her office. Ally and I followed her in silence, and she slammed the door  shut behind us.

"Well?" she asked, sitting down at her desk and looking betwen us.

"She's dead. I poisoned her coffee and the receptionist gave it to her," I smiled and looked at Ally, who was also smiling.

"And you checked to make sure she's dead?" she frowned.

"Well, no becaused it was foolpr-,"

"YOU'RE SO STUPID!" she yelled, and delivered a harsh slep to my cheek, making both me and Ally gasp, "SHE'S STILL ALIVE AND IS NOW ONTO YOU!"

"But the coffee..." I whispered, rubbing my stinging face.

She turned her laptop around to show me a video of an all too familiar building.

"CCTV footage from the target's last known location, yesterday," she said plainly.

I watched the receptionist come out onto her floor from the lift and go towards her office. Everything seemed to be fine, until the damn clutz tripped over her own foot and spilled the bloody drink everywhere. She ran from the corridor and the target stepped into view, looking at the mess. She looked at it for a minute, before crouching down and rubbing some between her fingers, then she went still and looked around the corridor for a minute. She knew. She had to know. And then she walked from the corridor and into her office. I paused the video for a minute, and zoomed in on the puddle, it was chunky- the arsenic hadn't dissolved somehow. The video was still for a minute, until two bodyguards went to her office and left with her in between them. 

The footage flicked to a different camera, this one had sound. The three of them were stood outside, on the steps up to the building. The bodyguards stood close to her, and she pulled out her phone, looking completely unfazed by the situation, I was certain this wasn't her first time playing the game.

"I need the car, they're onto me," she said and then it fell silent whilst the other person spoke.

"No, it was that damn woman I hired yesterday, she put arsenic in my coffee and fled. Probably British Secret Services, I've been waiting for them to find me," silence again.

"NO I JUST NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" and then she hung up and the footage stopped.

"Well?" Boss asked me.

"I..."

"Oh c'mon, give the girl a break will you, she's trying!" Ally cut in.

"If I gave her a break, humanity would be extinct. She knows what this job needs, and if she can't do that, she shouldn't still be here!"

"Boss is right, Ally. I'll go back and I'll shoot her, Boss." I said,  walking towards the door.

"Y/n?" Boss asked.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"You can do it,"

I nodded, not turning around, and left her office without another word.