17

I think I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up, Mina was gone. My gun had been put away and I could smell bacon.

I got my gun off the side table and crept into the living room, to find Ally's body had been removed. Maybe that's why Mina had got up this morning?

I walked into the kitchen, still holding my pistol just in case, but calmed down when I saw a familiar redhead frying some bacon. I just stood there for a while, watching her cute self cook the bacon and do a little dance to the gaga song every now and then, until she turned around and I made her jump.

"You scared the shit out of me," she laughed.

"Sorry," I raised my hands in mock surrender.

"You know, I can't accept your surrender until you put down the gun," she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh yeah," I blushed, putting it down on the counter top.

"You seem a little paranoid," she said, turning her attention back to the bacon.

"It's just a bit weird don't you think? Ally figured I would be in Venice, which I understand, but how did she know I would be here? And with you? It doesn't make sense," I frowned, playing with my gun.

"Is there any way she could have tracked you at all?"

"I don't think so,"

Just then, my phone rung and my heart dropped down to hell.

"What's wrong?"

"It's my boss,"

"Well answer it then!"

I just nodded and went into the front room.

"Hello?" I answered.

"L/n, where the hell are you?"

"I'm working on the Venable mission as per your request,"

"Well how long does it take to put a bullet in her head?"

"A little longer than you'd expect ma'am. I shot her through her house window and then found that the windows are completely bullet proof. I hid away for a little while so stay clear of her, but she's moved. I think I have a lead on her, I'm pursuing it as we speak,"

"Have you seen Ms Mayfair anywhere? She set out to find you and we lost contact with her last night,"

"I haven't seen her ma'am but I'll keep an eye out for her,"

"I'm counting on you here, l/n. You know what's at stake," and then she hung up.

Yeah. What's at stake.

I sat there alone for a while, just staring blankly at the wall.

"Hey, you OK?" Mina asked softly, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah," I nodded and laid my head on her shoulder.

"They still need you to kill me don't they?"

"Yeah,"

"I'm not going to hurt you y/n. If you want to kill me, I won't stop you, but I refuse to kill you whilst you're holding onto your wife,"

"I know," I whispered, tears pricking my eyes.

"I think I love you and you don't have to say that back,"

"Yeah," I sobbed, making her pull me close.

"You want some bacon?"

"Sounds good," I laughed.

"Come on then, you," she smiled and helped me up off the sofa, before taking me to the kitchen and eating bacon with me.

I knew I would have to kill her at some point. But not yet.