vampires everywhere

"Sam, where are we going?" I ask him as he pulls me through the large crowd on the boardwalk. The boardwalk seemed to have a different feel than it did the night before. Like it wasn't as welcoming as it was then. Every person who would look our way would give this unwelcoming look making me feel unwanted here. This was definitely not the way I wanted to spend my morning. Being dragged around town by my twin brother because he wanted to show me something. Especially now that I'm noticing all of these things. We are outcasts of this town. At least to those who are here now.

"Comic store, I want you to meet these two guys that work there." He snickers, leading me towards a small store. Walking in I look at all the comics stacked on the shelves. Probably one for every genre.

"Edgar, Alan you here?" Sam asks, walking around the store. A man and women lay behind a counter asleep looking beyond stoned. Not much of a shock though, everyone in the 80s have something to keep them going.

"Sam you returned- who is she" A boy comes out from behind one of the shelves, soon being followed by another one. Rude.

"My twin sister Emma, Emma, this is Edgar and Alan

"My twin sister Emma, Emma, this is Edgar and Alan. Met these two last night while you and Michael were with that girl. You know the one he was all stalker mode on, he was at the mercy of his sex glands." He laughs, rolling my eyes as I look at the two boys.

"Hey, Im Emma," I tell them putting my hand out

"Find anything unusual in Santa Carla?" Edgar asks, ignoring what I said.

"Other than you two, no." I smirk while glancing at Sam. Of course he would find these guys.

"Yeah well you're lucky then Emma, here your brother didn't take this last night. At least one of you should read it for protection." taking it from him I see it says Vampires Everywhere.

"I'm not a comic person, sorry

"I'm not a comic person, sorry. Though if they ever make a movie out of it I might be interested."

"Yeah, well see this as more of a survival manual." Alan replies

"Survival manual? Are you guys sniffing something up in here?" I laugh making Sam laugh as well. These guys were probably messing with us because we were new. I remember my friends would do the same back a Phenox. I really miss them.

"Well those two are definitely twins alright." The one named Alan tells Edgar. Nodding I look at Sam and wrap my arms around him.

"What can I say? Great minds think alike." I tell them, "Anyway, are you guys done after this? I'm kinda bored and seeing that you two are friends with Sam, maybe you would be up for hanging out with us." both of them look at each other before looking back at us.

"I suppose we could make some time to grab some dinner on the boardwalk. Of course that is if we don't have any jobs to take up." Edgar says,

"Great" Sam says as we both head towards the door.

"Oh and Emma, Sam" Alan calls, making us both turn to look at him, "we put our number in the back of the book, pray that you won't have to call us."

"Oh well pray, we never have to call you." Sam snickers before we left.

The rest of the day was mostly spent lounging around the house, waiting for it to get dark so we could see Edgar and Alan again. Sitting in the living room I was listening to my Doors cassette. Thinking about tonight I couldn't help but hope to run into Star and hang out with her and Laddie again. Possibly meet those guys she was with, those guys who looked so fricking familiar. Of course I wouldn't be able to talk to her much since I wouldn't want to ditch Sam and our new uh friends.

"Hey Emma," I'm pulled out of my thoughts by mom who stands right in front of me. To be honest we were never too close to each other. She always seemed to favor Sam and Michael and so did Dad, not that I'm complaining. I truly never minded being on my own. It taught me how to be more independent. Though I remember Michael said that our fall out truly happened when I was six, apparently I did something to really upset her. I just can't ever remember what it was, those memories seemed to all be fogged over.

"Oh uh hey" I mutter while looking everywhere but her

"So did you hear that I got a job?" she asks

"How would I hear that when you are never home?" I ask, immediately regretting my words. She looks at me with a hurt expression before looking away.

"I have to get ready for work, I just thought you would like to know that."

"Hey mom I didn't mean-"

"Of course you didn't, you never mean to. I wish you would use your head sometimes. Look at Sam and Michael, why can't you be like them." There it was, no other words were needed. We both knew what was said couldn't be taken back. She was right, I wasnt Sam or Michael. Standing up from the couch I was sitting on I walked towards the door. I knew she was done trying to fix our relationship, because she never stopped me as I walked out with my backpack. Nothing was heard but the slamming of the front door.

It was quite dark out by the time I got to the boardwalk. Funny how a half an hour can make such a big difference in how dark the sky gets. Walking through the boardwalk that feeling started to come again. That welcoming feeling... It was like all the unwelcoming stares had melted away from early. Making my way past the comic store I noticed Sam, Edgar, and Alan. I wanted to talk to them, I really did, but my feet kept walking past the store towards the one place that would never leave my mind. The Carousel.