End of humanity part 1

"And I will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye"

"Emma, Emma wake up, they'll be coming soon." I hear Edgar speak in a hushed tone. Opening my eyes I see him standing over me in all black with his bandana wrapped around his head. Glancing at the window I see the sun starting to set, making me frown, it was almost time...

"Come on, you said you wanted to see the sun rise, right?" Alan speaks softly before helping me up from my bed. We all made our way out of my room and to Sam's room, which in my opinion had the best view of the sunset. Bummer I didn't get that room, but it wouldn't have mattered now would it. By the end of the night we all knew it would be over, whether it was us who won or them.

 By the end of the night we all knew it would be over, whether it was us who won or them

"You know I've never taken the time to look at a sunset before..." Alan spoke to me with a small smile, "Hell before you two came around we barely had any fun."

"I would have never noticed it if you didn't come here... it was like it wasn't here before. I guess we were so wrapped up in all that vampire hunting nonsense that we never took the time to look around, enjoy life." Edgar tells Sam and I

"Heh yeah, well you guys made living in Santa Carla a little less unpleasant." Sam jokes. Staring at the sunrise I think of Michael... he'll never see this again. I remember when mom and dad used to fight we would sit together and watch the sunset. He was the one who got Sam and I into the Doors because in his words they were 'totally rad' and a good distraction. "Emma, Michael and I used to spend hours doing stuff like this in phoenix, but we would never have this good of a view. Too bad Michaels is not here to share it with us."

"Yeah..." I mutter before looking at the ground. "I think I should tell you guys something..."

"What's up?" Sam asks as they all turn all their attention onto me

"It's my fault that this happened-"

"No Emma it wasn't your fault-" Edgar cuts me off

"It is my fault. It's my fault, because I decided to wander off on my own when I was younger and met them. I- I was the one who let them-"

"Emma, how is that your fault? You were a kid for fucks sake! They probably knew who you were from the start. It's obvious that they had their eyes on you, or you would have ended up like all the other kids on the missing posters. They had their eyes on all of us the whole time waiting for the perfect time." Alan speaks through gritted teeth, clenching and unclenching his hands.

"Yeah, the worst part about this is that we all enjoyed being around them

"Yeah, the worst part about this is that we all enjoyed being around them." Sam admits, "They made us feel alive and wanted."

"Yeah..." I mutter staring at the ground "Are you guys sure about this?" I ask nervously while biting my lip.

"No... not really, but we have to do this." Sam speaks for all of them quietly, nodding my head as we all watch the sun disappear behind the trees. Edgar wraps his arm around me from my left side as Sam does it to my right, and Alan hugged me from behind.

"Thanks for being our friends," Edgar chuckles

"And sharing your little sister with us Sam, we always wanted a little sister," Alan tells Sam

"You can have her," Sam jokes, "but uh thanks for being our friends."

"Yeah thank-" I'm cut off by a loud thud from the roof. The relaxing mood in the room evaporated like sugar in water. We all knew who it was.

"Sam take Emma to her room and locks her into her closet." Edgar tells Sam before pulling a water gun out from under his jacket.

"Whoa whoa are you going to try to kill them with water guns?" I scoff

"Water guns filled with holy water and garlic." Alan tells me

"Okay, well give me one and I'll help."

"No Emma you are not helping us, you will stay in the closet until one of us gets you." Edgar tells me in a stern voice.

"But-"

"Sam take her, they'll be breaking in any second now." Alan demands. Sam quickly grabs me and throws me over his shoulder. The sound of breaking glass sounds downstairs making my heart clench in fear. Holy shit this is scary. I could feel Sam's hands shake as he sprinted into my room before shutting the door.

"Hurry Emma get in the closet," Sam tells me, I shake my head in response and cling to him as he tries to place me down. "Emma hurry, we don't have much time!" He says in a hush voice as we hear footsteps downstairs.

"But.. but I'm scared Sammy." I tell him with tears in my eyes

"I know, I am too but you have to do this okay? Do it for the sake of Edgar, Alan and I." He pleads. I lay limp over his shoulder as he opened the closet door and laid me in, giving me a nod of appreciation for my cooperation.

"I'll be back soon Emma, I love you alright."

"Yeah I love you too Sam." I tell him as he shuts the closet door. Leaving me all alone... with nothing but the sounds around me and my thoughts.

"Where are you little lamb?" Dwayne questions softly. Shaking, I pull my knees into my chest while putting my head down.

"Emma, where are you?" Michael asks in a worried voice,

"Come on love what good is this doing?" Marko chuckles

"Silly girl this is no time to play hide and seek, now come out here like a good girl before we start to lose our patients." Remembering what Alan said I kept my mouth shut and tried my best to ignore them. I could hear yelling from Edgar and Alan from downstairs as footsteps came up the stairs. Holding my breath I hear the bedroom door creak open, Sam forgot to lock it.