The Wine

“Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality…” Freddie's voice comes through the boombox by the fountain. Sitting in silence I watch as the boys pass around a joint. Munching on my lo mein I hum along to bohemian rhapsody, Ximen really did make the best lo mein.

“Do you like it?” Marko asks while taking a hit of a joint, that the boys had been passing around, before passing it to Paul

“Oh yeah, Ximen is really talented when it comes to making food.” I quickly reply, staring down at the lo mein. 

“Yeah he is,” Marko chuckles, “So Emma, why don't you tell us about yourself.” Looking up, I place my food down trying to think of what to say.

“Oh well as you know I just moved here from Phoenix… and apparently we used to come here for the summer when we were kids. I never had a lot of friends, but I had enough to not be too lonely. Nothing too interesting,” I tell them while fidgeting on the couch not knowing what else to say. “What about you guys,” 

“You know everything about us love,” Paul smirks while looking at me, I look at him with a confused look. I really don't know anything about these guys, or at least I dont think I do... honestly I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

“Do you mean the mind thing? You guys never told me how you do that. I mean until I met you guys it seemed like something you would see in one of my brothers comics,”

“ How we do it, I don't remember. Like we said you'll know and understand it all soon enough my dear.” Marko snickers with a huge grin, well that wasn't helpful. David stands up from his wheelchair and walks over to me.

“So Emma, find anything strange or possibly familiar about Santa Carla?” He asks with a smirk,

“I-” I stop and look down, the carousel that was familiar to me, and for some reason this cave as well but everything else…

“I see, so you are gaining your memories back after all,” I hear him chuckle quietly, “You wanna know why they are so familiar?” nodding, I look into his blue eyes, “Because you've been to both many times before.” Something about the way he said it was off, making me shudder slightly at the tone of his voice. A taunting voice, he enjoys seeing me get confused and frustrated over these things. His eyes twinkle with amusement as he watches my face drop knowing none of them will tell me why I remember these places so well.

“Don't sweat it, you'll remember soon enough. Trust me when the time comes all your questions will be answered.” Marko smirks

“Why do you keep saying that! What do you know, and why can't I remember anything about this place!” I snap standing up

“Sit down little lamb, you don't talk to us like that.” Dwayne growls, and I literally mean that he growled. Gulping my eyes go wide as I look at the four men who each were sending disapproving looks my way. Why should I care though? They aren't the boss of me, so they have no right to tell me how to talk.